IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Alcohol  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alcohol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 4:45pm
"that the haram or halalness of alcohol is unknown by modern muslims."

I think Brother, the correct statement should read like this

that the haram or halalness of alcohol is unknown by IGNORANT muslims.

The best person to ask whether alcohol is to be banned or not is to seek the advice of battered and abused wives and children who have husbands or fathers who became abusive when drunk.

Edited by Nur_Ilahi - 01 February 2010 at 4:46pm
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
rogerrabbit View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerrabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 6:24pm
Respectfully,
There are surely many MANY more people that can have a wine with their food, or a beer with their friends and not become any sort of social mischief, than those who abuse alcohol.
But that having been said, there are surely physical and social ill effects of alcohol, and these are regrettable. That does not mean that those who can drink responsibly need to be punished for the crimes of a few, does it? Adults should make adult decisions with their privileges.

More to the point, I see the fine line between "don't" and "you had better watch out" in the Qur'anic verses leaning towards the latter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic