IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!
    Posted: 27 September 2006 at 2:50pm
I'am sometimes embarest to read the Quran or Tasbee front of non-muslims. I had this habit for so long but just realized it now, I fear Allah will never forgive me. Now I have started praying 5 times a day, I also read Tasbee ALL the time. What should I do? I really want to change, nothing else I want more then this.

Edited by Imam
UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2006 at 5:44pm

It all depends on the relationship we establish with Allah, and also the relationship with our worship.

First of all, worship is a very personal matter, thus we must try to do either in solitude, or in a group of people who may be doing the same. For instance, either you pray, recite quran, tasbeeh etc at your home, or do it in a masjid. However if due to some unavoidable reason one needs to do these in other places (like at work, college or uni etc), one may try to find a quiet spot, where there are not so many people.

You can do your tasbeeh on your fingers, and that is not difficult at all. This way you will not have to display the prayer beeds, which may make you feel less conscious of others present. When you do have to recite the quran, try that you do not have to do it in front of others.

When one grows more regular and intimately attached to these practices the consciousness of others leaves automatically. It is like, we force ourselvs to practice the deen, and the fruit of this is a natural disposition to these practices which is caste into the hearts as gift from Allah Most High.

I hope this helps, insha allah.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic