IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Taliban dont kill civilians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taliban dont kill civilians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 2:15am

I am not a supporter of Taliban, neither I do support the continued US and EU invasion of the country under useless puppet govts. But I do tend to agree with Swat on the issue:

My 3 yrs+ stay in Afghanistan gives me a perfect opportunity to understand the reality on ground.

• It's true that the Taliban were extreme and took the implementation of Islam upto the level of torture. But one must realize that the entire Afghan society is extreme in specially implementing extreme islamic (?) rules on woman. If a girl has an affair with a boy or denies to marry with the boy chosen for her by her family, she will be killed by her father or brother, even in the provinces where taliban is not existing. it has nothing to do with Taliban, that's a social custom of the most of the people in the country. Commonly known as honour killings. But the ignorant world tends to put this social crime onto taliban. It was there for centuries before talibans and is still continuing under US/EU occupation.
  • Taliban targets the US & EU interests in Afg and their collaborators, where it is difficult to kill innocent people, while the US/EU strikes the villages, from where they were shot or they got some information of taliban presence, in their air strikes they may kill some taliban or may not, but majority are innocent people for sure. If taliban are coming to a village for attacking the US/EU interest, the poor innocent villagers can't be punished for that!!?
  • The economy and the social support structure existed before the invasion has almost been destroyed. People are sturving in the rural areas, so the crime has increased to a large extent, where some miscreants are kidnapping rich people for ransome in the name of Taliban for their living. Taliban also kidnaps, but not the locals, they do kidnap the US/EU interests, their primary target. Locals know this.
  • Taliban are gaining moral high grounds within the common people and are gaining their sympathy. I don't predict a comeback of taliban in the power, but they are getting stronger in every aspect to make the life difficult for the invaders.

well i don't like to make it much lengthy, it is painful to see the innocent people suffering and then being killed by the US/EU bombs and being labeled as terrorists. Unfortunate are those who witness the truth and can do nothing.

Salam

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 5:52am
Originally posted by nu001 nu001 wrote:

But one must realize that the entire Afghan society is extreme in specially implementing extreme islamic (?) rules on woman. If a girl has an affair with a boy or denies to marry with the boy chosen for her by her family, she will be killed by her father or brother, even in the provinces where taliban is not existing.

I agree with all your post except here you exaggerated. Neither the Taliban nor other Afghans kill their daugheter if she refuses to marry someone. There have been cases where women/girls have been killed for Zena/fornication (even for fornication before marriage despite it being against Islamic law to kill her) but I have never heard of a case where someone is killed for Not marrying someone else, either by the Taliban or anyone else.

Edited by Sawtul Khilafah
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

I agree with all your post except here you exaggerated. Neither the Taliban nor other Afghans kill their daugheter if she refuses to marry someone. There have been cases where women/girls have been killed for Zena/fornication (even for fornication before marriage despite it being against Islamic law to kill her) but I have never heard of a case where someone is killed for Not marrying someone else, either by the Taliban or anyone else.

It's hard to believe, but that's a fact. I wish you could come and hear from the victims. You may not know, there are many safe houses established by Humanitarian NGOs for those girls to escape the death and take shelter. Their identity and stories are not publicised for their safety. There are Afghan human rights agencies, who provide them legal support. They are a few lucky minority who can manage to escape. 

For Zena, that's a penalty as per the Sharia, so there is no problems with that. But unfortunately most of the men gets away with it.

Do some research on 'Honor Killing' in Afg. Hope you will get some info.

But any way, we should not attribute it to 'Taliban'. These are verymuch centuries old social practices.

Salam

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Tom123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

I don't care what Amnesty international say as they can hardly ever tell what's going on, living in another part of the world far away from the wars and bombings.

There are hundreds if not thousands of different ways and sources to prove that USA kills civilians (many US soldiers have confessed it, thousands of Afghans and Iraqis have witnessed it, not to mention many in other countries like Japan).

AI get their information from Afghan human rights groups, and there are Amnesty International members in Afghanistan as there are almost everywhere in the world.

You discount Amnesty because instead of being one-sided and speaking out against abuses committed only by Americans they also speak out against those committed by the Taleban.

US soldiers (since you consider them a reliable source) have also spoken about Taleban abuses as have Afghans. I used to tutor a boy in grade 11 from Afghanistan who fled to Canada as a refugee and he had some things to say about the Taleban that also confirmed their cruelty towards Afghan people.

Cristo Vive!
     - Tomasz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic