IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FAO: Fatima (Islam Questions)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO: Fatima (Islam Questions)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rational Mind View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Mind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAO: Fatima (Islam Questions)
    Posted: 03 October 2006 at 8:07am
I have worked this out myself. Allah sent angles down in ranks each rank had 1000 angels in them, in end Allah sent down 3 ranks of angles which totaled up to 3000 angels.

Allah knows best.

Edited by Rational Mind
Shadi_Al-amin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadi_Al-amin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Rational Mind Rational Mind wrote:

Originally posted by superme superme wrote:

OK, with respect to battle of badar and the angels... Allah in the Qu'ran states, in verses: 3.124, 126 that 3000 angels helped the Muslims, in the Battle of badar and then later in the Qu'ran Allah contradict this and makes a cartographic mathematical error in verses 8.9, 10 by stating that it was 1000 angels that helped the Muslims in the battle of badar therefore Allah makes a contradiction. A prefect god doesn't make contradictions.

I remember reading Muhammad Haikal "Biography of Muhammad" in which it states that the first battle was the battle of Badr. The 2nd battle was a year later known as the battle of Uhud.

In the battle of Badr the number of muslims were 300 facing 1000 quraish. In the battle of Uhud it was 1000 against 3000.

The number of Angels mentioned here seem corresponding with the number of the quraish in two different battles, 1000 and 3000.

RM you need to check these numbers first in the khadith or history books, as I type this of memory. Maybe other posters can help as well if these numbers are correct.

Dude its in the Qu'ran and Allah is talking about the battle of baddar and how many angels he sent to help the Muslims.

YUSUFALI: Remember thou saidst to the Faithful: "Is it not enough for you that Allah should help you with three thousand angels (Specially) sent down?
PICKTHAL: When thou didst say unto the believers: Is it not sufficient for you that your Lord should support you with ]three thousand angels sent down (to your help)?
SHAKIR: When you said to the believers: Does it not suffice you that your Lord should assist you with three thousand of the angels sent down?

Ref: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/003.qmt.html#003.124

And then Allah says:
YUSUFALI: Remember ye implored the assistance of your Lord, and He answered you: "I will assist you with a thousand of the angels, ranks on ranks."
PICKTHAL: When ye sought help of your Lord and He answered you (saying): I will help you with a thousand of the angels, rank on rank.
SHAKIR: When you sought aid from your Lord, so He answered you: I will assist you with a thousand of the angels following one another.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/008.qmt.html#008.009

I would not think Allah has amnesia.

Salam wa alaikum Rational I will clear up this misconeptions,What rational is saying is that in once place Allah says: USUFALI: Remember thou saidst to the Faithful: "Is it not enough for you that Allah should help you with three thousand angels (Specially) sent down?

And then in another place it says:
SHAKIR: When you sought aid from your Lord, so He answered you: I will assist you with a thousand of the angels following one another.

My Dear sister rational THere is NO contradiction there. When we say I will give you thousands of books does it mean 1 thousand or thousands? Notice the quran says I will send you three thousand angels....then in the other verse it says I will give you a THOUSAND OF ANGELS. Notice it is not telling us HOW many thousands....it doesen't say 3 thousand or 2 thousand or 1 thousand.It just say a thousand of angels.
(a variant reading [of alf, 'thousand'] has the plural āluf, 'thousands', similar [in pattern] to aflus, 'coins. Since it is the ENGLISH quran you are going to have a tad bit problems,but you still nit pick.

Again There is no contradicition.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 10:26am

^ thanks this is very good answers Andalus!

I will send them to her lets see what she says. Thanks again.

more like team of evangelist on crusade mission.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 10:05am

Good, good. She says she is warming up now (what ever that means)

Rationale Mind,

You do not write as before,did you knock out?,if yes,please disappear then let the nexts...ok?

Edited by Suleyman
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Mind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 9:21am
Good, good. She says she is warming up now (what ever that means)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2006 at 5:33am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

"rational mind", just one question, have you not got a mind of your own? If you are as you claim 14 years old boy, then when you joined IC in september you only had two or three years in secondary school depending when your birthday is, in legal terms you still are considered a minor. Now a teacher (most probably RE) saw an 11 years old vulnerable kid annoyed at his dad and puting all the blame on the religion and took her chance. How can any1 give any credibility to her shouting about morals and ethics when she herself is misusing her position as a teacher, she is abusing the trust put in her by her organization and parents. Today if you go and say that you going to tell the headteacher about your change of religion and you are going to live with your 'nice teacher' as she promised. See what happens if she has to choose between getting a sack or putting you and your story in a sack of rubbish and brand you with same label as me.

You say about how majority of muslims dont really know much about Holy Quran and basic islamic laws. How much do you and this teacher of yours really know? Not even the basics, and please dont tell me that you do. I asked you to find some thing out for me in last post. Let me remind you, which hijri the incident with asma bint marwan happened? Now dont run back to your teacher, she is not going to know because it is not in the major books of sirah, it is only found on those typical website, where i am quite sure she is a frequent visitor of. Secondly anybody who dont know why muslim women cover up and give the pathetic explanation that you posted, does not help his 'rational' cause. Another thing when i asked how do you know about the verse in surah 3 meant badr and not uhud while the topic was of uhud. You gave a lame excuse of many surahs stating many other things other than their title. Well 3rd surah is called 'aale imran' and no where there it is hinted that it talks about uhud, neither is the whole surah about uhud. So a simple reading through does not point out to which battle is this mention of.

These three things are from top of my head and if i go back i will find many more. The only reason i did not argue or tried my utmost to beat you in this stupid war of words is that i thought you might be here wanting to learn. If you sincere about wanting to know the true islam then you need to start from Holy Quran. You need to get your base level firm before you even think of building ten other stories on top of that. I really have not got time of a day for a person who does not even have mental strength or capacity to decide for what is good for him. I will try to explain this slave 'business' with you and if you keep up this habbit of puppet show, i am sorry but i aint replying.

Yes islam does allow to have physical relationship with slave girls. It is in Holy Quran but people like you and your teacher forget to quote the ayaah,  'If any of you have not the means wherewith to wed free believing women, they may wed believing girls from among those whom your right hands possess: And Allah hath full knowledge about your faith. Ye are one from another: Wed them with the leave of their owners, and give them their dowers, according to what is reasonable: They should be chaste, not lustful, nor taking paramours: when they are taken in wedlock, if they fall into shame, their punishment is half that for free women. This (permission) is for those among you who fear sin; but it is better for you that ye practise self-restraint. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful' (4:25).

Another important thing to know is that slave girls were not just given out like that, they had legal bindings with them. Just like a marriage certificate, a certificate of ownership was given by amir to that person. The slave girl was not a person to go round, only one person had right to her. It is shariah law that slave girl also has the right of provision. There is a greater wisdom behind this, if a person can not afford to wed a free woman, then in that case he takes a slave girl. Because you do not have to give mahr to her but only her provision is your responsibility. This was done as Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala forbids fornication. Another reason is that just like Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala sent the law that His law should be enforced every where so that people could learn about His religion. Same way when these non-muslim slave girls were taken, they were treated so good and they saw the behaviour and ways of early muslims that mojority of these captives became muslims and were freed and were taken in marriage. Brother andalus has explained to you Hikmah behind the ahadith you mentioned so i dont need to go there.

Its upto you what you want with your life, your teacher can not save you from anything if Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala wills it. If you do decide to use the cells in your skull then you will inshaAllah get help and explanation for things but otherwise have a good life.

Want to leave you with this,

'Every soul shall taste of death, and you shall only be paid fully your reward on the resurrection day; then whoever is removed far away from the fire and is made to enter the garden he indeed has attained the object; and the life of this world is nothing but a provision of vanities. You shall certainly be tried respecting your wealth and your souls, and you shall certainly hear from those who have been given the Book before you and from those who are polytheists much annoying talk; and if you are patient and guard (against evil), surely this is one of the affairs (which should be) determined upon' (3:185-186).

'And this life of the world is nothing but a sport and a play; and as for the next abode, that most surely is the life-- did they but know! So when they ride in the ships they call upon Allah, being sincerely obedient to Him, but when He brings them safe to the land, lo! they associate others (with Him); Thus they become ungrateful for what We have given them, so that they may enjoy; but they shall soon know' (29:64-66).

Edited by fatima
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2006 at 4:14am

What are you talking about?,sending what?,did not you get the message?...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Mind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2006 at 3:02am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic