IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Africa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - why is africa bein infor gotin  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

why is africa bein infor gotin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tayyibmusawwir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why is africa bein infor gotin
    Posted: 21 August 2006 at 9:55am
As Salammu Alaikum whats up brotha Jamal my name tayyib african american myself 22 from detroit michgan live minneapolis muslim by birth da thing i am real sick of is they have what goin an middie estin over african moslims killed left in right cause of skin color by Janjawees arab millia we has people to dis country are ever inporten eough here what sayin man 
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:57am
stop watching Ali G show.....
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 6:38am

Originally posted by Tayyibmusawwir Tayyibmusawwir wrote:

As Salammu Alaikum whats up brotha Jamal my name tayyib african american myself 22 from detroit michgan live minneapolis muslim by birth da thing i am real sick of is they have what goin an middie estin over african moslims killed left in right cause of skin color by Janjawees arab millia we has people to dis country are ever inporten eough here what sayin man 

Bismillah,

Come and post more information about it. Islamicity people are interested in this whole world that Allah, The Most Glorious, has created.

Salaamu Alaykum 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2006 at 9:07am

I disagree.....

As I have said it time and time again Africa being raped by just about everyone is being forgotten. Even if I were to post a thousand things I wouldn't get a response. Hell, I'll post things about spirituality and still wouldn't get a response. The thing is if it aint Arab or Indian its not news worthy

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2006 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

I disagree.....

As I have said it time and time again Africa being raped by just about everyone is being forgotten. Even if I were to post a thousand things I wouldn't get a response. Hell, I'll post things about spirituality and still wouldn't get a response. The thing is if it aint Arab or Indian its not news worthy

Its very sad, but its true.  Darfur and the other hot spots just aren't getting the attention they deserve.  No one cares.  Its horrible.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 10:09pm

Angela,

Thank You for understanding and coming soon I'll be posting more up-to-dates on the situation down in Darfur. Unfortunately the world has forgotton Africa. It really "pisses" me off when I hear (as well as read) the comments of other members on this forum over emphasizing the suffering of another group. The example that comes to mind are the Palestinians. It is true that they have lost land but if we are to fathom suffering even in the sense of levels let us not forget the Africans. I myself dont like to judge suffering in the sense of "who suffers more" but it appears that the world at least through media and some forms of social behavior have done this.

Africans as well as us African-Americans have been suffering for generations. The Africans especially having their lands plundered by various groups including Arabs. Look at the early North African Berber tribes who (as some historians note) that were forced to convert during the expansion of the Muslim armies in North Africa. Some convert willingly others didn't. If we fast forward the world we can see that much has changed. Africa lacks in its beautific and once plentiful resources. It lacks social stability and has some lost culture.

Nowadays we talk more about other groups and how much they suffer than the forgotten people of Africa. Why do we do this? We do we over emphasize the suffering of other groups? Is it because we tend to prioritize suffering based on culture? Or what is mostly in the news? Africa's problem is centuries old more complex and seemingly severe than the issue of Afghanistan, Kosovo, Iraq and Palestine combined. Yet our emphasis is on the Palestinians Afghanis and Iraqis. What does posting more information on Africa helping the situation? True some people may read upon it but discussing Africa doesn't draw the same interest as discussing the Palestinian issue. Let's be realistic!

I can post 10,000 articles on Africa but I highly doubt I'd get much reaction from people here. In essence we have become pessimistic because we look at the problems of Africa and say "Well Africa is lost!" It definitely pisses me off. The Muslim community has done little and the Muslimfoundations that do help get little press. You have more Black Churches that send aid to the Muslims in Sudan than the Muslim communities. It's sad! Why do we show favortism based on culture?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic