IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What about Shias  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat about Shias

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:19pm

Sign reader:What is takkeeya?

-NS

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 3:54pm
NS

Takiya is an ancient practice of the Shiites
, a Muslim minority long persecuted by the Sunni majority. The term could be translated as "precaution" and is a mixture of ruse, lying and dissimulation, which allowed Shiites to protect themselves and to prosper in secret. It is also a sectarian way of organising which allowed them to hold on to their beliefs while escaping persecution by making it seem they were good Sunnis.

I  picked this off a blog, can get more details later if U need !!!

My  life experience with close shia friends has been an utter
personal disaster.

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
najamsahar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 12:36am

Signreader:

Thanks, I knew some of what you wrote but not under the heading of takeeya.

My own experience has not been good either. I grew up with Shia people around in one way or the other.

Apart from our own experiences that may lead to a prejudice, I cannot be one with a people that have changed the kalima, added stuff to the religion, regard Ali RA and their present day Imams with a reverence that is totally unislamic and finally they made us sunni.

I mean before the whole Ali ra incident everyone was muslim. After this though we become the first two sects of Islam- sunni and shia!

They are desperate to be at contradiction with the sunnis. For eg, they first pray the maghrib salat and then break fast.

At the Prophets mosque in Almadina Almunnawwarah, right near the Rowdah where he PBUH is resting, they start their own prayers about Fatima RA, how she was denied whatever and how she suffered.

I mean before the whole Ali ra incident everyone was muslim. After this though we become the first two sects of Islam- sunni and shia!

-Najamsahar

hassanmalik512 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 8:55pm
Salam to all muslims,
       I belong to a mix family, some of my family members are shia some of them are sunni. One thing i want to mention here is that there are people from both sides who dont want to know about the opposite side just pass things which they hear from others. In my family shias respect sunnis and sunnis respect shia because they know that difference are not to call any of them non muslim.

I also want to clear that there is no 40 parts of Quran thing in shia as Quran was gather in Usman RA time but was finalized in Ali RA time, and there is no shia who can reject a Quran passed by Ali RA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic