IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Always be thankful  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Always be thankful

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Always be thankful
    Posted: 20 July 2006 at 11:41am

Assalamu alaikum,

I was reading al-Qur'an in the garden this morning when I came upon a good reminder.  In Surat al-fath (48:1-2) Allah talks about forgiving the sins of the Prophet past and future.  A footnote shows this hadith:

Narrated Al-Mughirah: The Prophet used to offer night prayers until his feet became swollen.  Somebody said to him, "Allah has forgiven you your sins of the past and the future".  On that, he said, "Shouldn't I be a thankful slave of Allah?"  Sahih Al-Bukhari

What a wonderful example of a thankful slave our beloved Prophet is for us.  Shouldn't we remember this lesson and be thankful at all times for all the uncountable blessings our Most Merciful Lord bestows upon us?

"If ye would count up the favours of Allah, never would ye be able to number them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."  Qur'an 16:18

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 12:00pm
Alhamdulillah...
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 12:52pm
"If ye would count up the favours of Allah, never would ye be able to number them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."  Qur'an 16:18

Assalaamualaikum,

Jazakallahkhair for the reminder. Alhamdulillah for everything!!

Wassalaam
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 4:19am

As Salamu Alaikum

Jazakallahu Khairan for this reminder.

Since this is the month of Qiyam, and the Night of Qadr is fast approaching, we should try our best to benefit from these days and nights with studying the Quran Sunnah puting our time to good use.

Alhamdulillah for Allah's Many Blessings.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic