IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mamas don’t....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mamas don’t....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 7:42pm

Edited by Hanan
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

Thank you, Duende, I'll check out the bookstore and see if they have it.

Did you see the article on AlterNet http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/34122/ regarding this book.

There are some interesting remarks from average American citizens at the end of the article, in the �Comments� section. I find myself guilty, at times, for doubting the common sense of �the man on the street,� but then those type of comments give me hope again.

And here is a surprising bit of news.

Weapons of Mass Destruction Discovered Here: Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and North Dakota

8.2.2006 -- On August 6, 1945, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. Three days later, the US dropped another atomic bomb on Nagasaki. These nuclear weapons killed over 100,000 people, almost all civilians, and injured many tens of thousands more.

Fr. Carl Kabat, 72, Greg Boertje-Obed, 51, and Michael Walli, 57, sit in jail in North Dakota awaiting a federal criminal trial because of weapons of mass destruction and because of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I visited them last week.

A friendly cab driver in Bismarck told me "If North Dakota seceded from the Union, we would be the world's third most-powerful nuclear state." TruthOut http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/080206B.shtml

Gee thanks for the history lesson. I don't think anyone knew that America dropped those bombs.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 12:37pm

Mamas don�t....  Let your bables grow up to be Cowboys!

They might end up looking like the Tumbling Texas Tumbleweed!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Mohini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Mamas don�t....  Let your bables grow up to be Cowboys!

They might end up looking like the Tumbling Texas Tumbleweed!

I do love blue but since you used it I will have to opt for green.  I was waiting for someone to qote Waylon Jennings and the gang.

I would have like to read everyone's post but they are so long, I would be here all day. So I will just give my perspective.

There are wars that are just and wars that are not. Every war will have it's Cindy Sheehan or Jane Fonda.  Sometimes people just want to try and make a difference. She does have a right to do what she does and that's what makes this a free country. If we didn't have people like Cindy Sheehan then the people that we fight against would probably think that all Americans are strongly with their government and approve whole heartedly in this war and they do not. However some people either just need the attention or she needs to express her pain in this way. If the media walked away from that story it would be like it didn't exist. But media attention gives things a lot of value. Many mothers have lost sons and are satisfied with being proud that they died doing what they chose to do.

I am proud to say my dad served in WWII as a medic as he refused to carry a gun. I have yet to figure out why the medics didn't carry them but I guess they were suppose to be off limits.  My dad never spoke much about the war.  I know that it affected him deeply. He hurt inside and kept it inside and we know that is not a good thing.  My dad grew up believeing that men never cry or show emmotion.  I am very proud of my dad and his contribution to WWII.  He is no longer with me.  I also can not imagine what this world would be like if Hitler would have accomplished all he set out to accomplish.  He was a sick and demented man.  Thank God we have men who are willing to die for their county.  It is possible to support the soldiers without supporting this wicked war.

Mohini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 7:49am

Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

Hanan, I'm so glad you came to this forum! Another passionate voice
of reason.

"He speaks about how the war in Iraq is not using up the US's 'finest'
(as GW Bush would have us believe) but more like the US's dregs who
have very little choice but to enlist in an army which promises them
food and shelter, education etc., and who are energetically recruited
from the places they frequent by officers who understand precisely
the kind of 'cannon fodder' they're getting.

Oh my God.  Don't you find this just sickening? The colleges should have people doing as much recruiting as the military.  We should start giving away education so our poorest can have the same opportunity as the rich boys and girls. It makes me so angry that there is not more rich "cannon fodder".  It disgust me to think that our own president has so little military experience.  He can't even talk, how can he lead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic