IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Story of Interest  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Story of Interest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 11:50pm

Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

if to be honesst, i sometimes feel that as if there are some missionares pretending to be muslim here on this forum. anyway, may All-knowing bless us with the right infos and knowledge.

Don't worry about that, that kind of activity is quite normal for the beginners, I have come across many of them. The genuine one don't do that.

Treat the posters as they claim themselves. I know it is hard but you have to I guess. 

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 3:19pm

It's extremely hard for anyone from clanish or extended family cultures to leave their lands and seek to become immigrants. If the US let other countries be instead of supporting dictators in their lands, there would be no need for anyone to fall into the "American Dream" trap.

A friend of mine, (an American living in Germany and now revoking his US nationality since these NeoCon years) recently mailed me saying: "you should count your stars that the US is trying to impose just the American Dream on the world and not the American reality"

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 3:20pm

Patty, sincerely hope your efforts bear some fruit while Karen Hughes', with all that fancy budget, didn't.

(You don't work for the same department?)

Edited by Whisper
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by StarComm StarComm wrote:

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Originally posted by StarComm StarComm wrote:

But seriously, are the catholics saying "we are sorry for keeping you muslims down?" now that they may have seen the end is nearing? don't understand me wrong i do not say it is a bad thing....

Catholics have not "kept the Muslims down".  We have been greatly discriminated against ourselves.....but rather than sit around sucking our thumbs, we follow the commandment of God to "love our neighbor as ourself."  And we don't believe in the "Rapture" fyi.  We do, however, believe in Judgement Day. 

Why, if I may be so bold as to ask, are you so insulting toward Catholics?  What have Catholics ever done to you?

God's Peace.

What catholics ever done to me? i guess nothing, i already do enough to myself so they really do not see the need to do anything to me....my grand dad used to be in a german work camp my grandmother was pregnant, they both were catholics...the church did not even help my grandma once...when the war was over...there they were again asking for money (ties)

I think there is too much gold involved...why don't they spend it on helping someone out instead of hanging it around their necks and fingers and all over in the churches?

I am truly sorry to hear your grandparents were in such sad circumstances.  Without knowing the "whys" of all that happened I cannot possibly respond...except to say that I have never seen a Catholic Church turn away ANY request from anyone of any faith.  And if you read your history books, you will see that the Nazis also murdered 3 million Catholics in WWII.  As far as having too much gold, etc., it is quite well known that much of the ornamental items in the Churches are donated to them by Catholics. 

As far as the Church asking for money.....all churches do that.  It is called "tithing", and it is in the Bible.

I'm rather curious where all the gold comes from on the domes of the mosques.  I have NO PROBLEM with it.....because I think it is a beautiful piece of artwork and I'm sure Allah/God is quite pleased with it.  But then, I don't disrespect anyone's religion.  I believe that is a terrible thing to do. 

Peace to you....

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 3:36pm

Whisper, I don't work any longer.  You'll be pleased to know I have renal failure and my bone marrow is failing.  That is why I am here on the computer so much.  I rarely leave my home because my father is very near death, and I have to go home when he does die.  He was my hero.  He never knew hate.

I spent the majority of my life working in hospitals.  I did work for the government....mostly with the Department of Veteran's Affairs.  So, no, I guess I don't work in that department.

Peace be with you always....

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 4:32am

. . . You'll be pleased to know I have renal failure and my bone marrow is failing. 

M friend, I am amused and saddened in the same breath, by your view of people. I wonder if you could come up with just one lame, if not a wholesome good reason, for anyone to be pleased with such news about anyone, anywhere in the world?

. . . He was my hero.  He never knew hate.

I am sorry about him.

For that reason, I should also be your absolute hero. I have had an exceptionally good life, right from the day I was born b'fazle ta'la. I have failed to hate anyone in my entire life, in fact, I live every day praying for everything and everyone around me for the joy of life.

We can only give to others what we have been given in our lives - I have always had the beauty of love around me. It's just that your hate labels riddiculously misplaced. You seem to spend so much energy in placing the people in our world in just the two baskets; either they are with you or they just hate you.

I fail to hate even your admin leave aside the poor Americans. I have grown to pity the US. Does that really equal hete?

I am a straightforward Pathaan, I am not used to and, b'fazle ta'la, I have never had to study someone's face before speaking. I just speak my mind openly and in utter honesty.

Yes, I am just one those few billions who hold the US and the British rulers as outright war criminals. And, it's my duty and my simple human right to speak against oppression and occupations irrespective of what you were sold.

Please post something loveable the US has thrown our way in the past 60 years and I promise I will not just sing but compose a song of praise that even you may find hard to believe.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic