IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please release the comments and complaint  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please release the comments and complaint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please release the comments and complaint
    Posted: 19 June 2006 at 6:36am

Bismillah,

Please release the comments and complaints section from the tyrannical decision to not allow forum members to comment or complain in response to our fellow forum members.  We want to communicate with each other here.

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

I hope the moderators can be attentive here as I have both a slight complaint and comment. I understand that its hard for so many members  to intellectually respond to me without using derogatory remarks or replying unintelligently. Perhaps the downfall of human intelligence is to respond to someone in an unintelligent fashion by making personal rearks to the individual which is has no relation to what is being discussed. Sister/Brother Abeer23 made such remarks by saying in the following:

>>>> Abeer23 said: Brother, when you say these kinds of things and lead this kind of lifestyle you shouldn't be surprised when muslim brothers in the mosque give you the "you're okay to pray with but no you can't marry my daughter" attitude.  Nor should you be offended when sisters break off engagements with you.<<<<<<<

Now this was made in the now closed discussion "My ideas on Homosexuality" which was a reference to my comment when I mentioned that I have gay friends whom I discuss and have conversations with and whom I have befriended. Now I can understand that my relationship with gays maybe disagreeable however what does my past have to do with the discussion at hand? Abeer23 says that we must do what is good and forbad what was evil and in the same breath made this remark. I made the mistake in even trusting this so-called Muslim family in expressing some personal feelings and I must apologize for my own ignorance. I assumed that the great e-Muslim community is mindful and respectful of personal issues but I was proven wrong.

These comments are reasons why I'm not so close to Muslims and gives me more of a reason to question my own faith and question whether I belong in Islam. Yes perhaps my faith is weak but at least I'm open about it and struggle to come to grips with my own deficiencies. In the context of Abeer23's comment it seems he/she is justifying not only my experiences with racist families but justify my former fiancee leaving me just to be with her own culture, now in knowing more in depth the personal context and where her/his comments stem from, what  do these relaities have anything to do with the subject of homosexuality? Absolutely nothing!

There are better ways to articulate a disagreement but making personal references towards a subject which nothing personal should be mentioned baffles me. I'm sure none of the moderators are going to respond here but I'sd rather risk the chance than not saying anything. This is totally baffling that we as a community can do this to each other. I am a friend to any human being who is worthy of a friendship. I am no judge over whatever lifesytle a human chooses to lead, but regardless my personal issues of my PAST has nothing to do with my ideas on sexual orientation of others....Can anyone see the shock here besides me?

Bismillah,

You are right brother.  Sister Abeer was way out of line.  But don't allow someone's inconsiderate, inappropriate comments discourage you.  We encourage you to keep thinking and searching for our Glorious Lord's guidance.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 6:43am
Well said Herjihad!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 9:54am

Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

Well said Herjihad!

Al-Hamdulilah.  Anyone else want to encourage the moderators to retract the "no one may add to someone else's comment in the comments and complaints section?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 11:07am

I think its wrong.  There are many times where several people feel the same way or have a completely opposite view.  Instead of having 20 different threads....we should be able to contribute on a thread in order to support or oppose a proposal. 

Such as....my suggestion on adding a religion descriptor on the profile.  whyislam.org has one and its nice because you can see where people are coming from or who they are.  Yes, I'm sure people lie....but it seems to work there.

But when I suggested this months ago, several people either supported or opposed.  And the consensus was that people thought it wasn't needed.  That's what we're talking about.  Not nit picking at the comments and complaints.

Several people can have the same problem.  Its (I know you hate the word, but too bad) SILLY to make all of them start separate threads.

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 4:43pm

As Salam Alaikum,

I would be happy to see this whole section of the forum gone.  I read too much bickering and unproductive discussion going on.  We are Muslims, let us act like it.  Allah is watching.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 2:42am

well everyone knows what i mentioned

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 4:11am

Knowledge, I really like the sentence coming with your messages about us having to fight for the people. This is so true!!

MashAllah!!

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

As Salam Alaikum,

I would be happy to see this whole section of the forum gone.  I read too much bickering and unproductive discussion going on.  We are Muslims, let us act like it.  Allah is watching.

Bismillah,

I can see how you would look at it as bickering.  But indeed, productive things are accomplished here.  People are at different stages of mental and social development while on the forum and/or while reading it.  People have so many needs in life and communicating is one of them.  It looks just like bickering to you, but it is productive discussion in my opinion. 

Peace

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic