IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Saleen  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saleen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saleen
    Posted: 08 March 2005 at 8:52pm

Topic:  I am still coming to Islam (1 of 2), Read 96 times 
Conf:  Islam: How I Became Muslim
Date:  Thursday, June 05, 2003 12:53 PM 

Salam to all my brothers and sisters in Islam may Allah guide us all to His eternal abode(Inshallah).

I am not a recent convert to Islam, but my journey is still continuing.
I became a Muslim after reflecting on the poor state of my society in England. Watching the old neglected, the young alone and often frightened, families broken and neighbours at war.
One night I sat feeling utterly in despair and confused after searching through so many different beliefs, that I called upon God asking what was His religion and to guide me to it.
After nearly joining a missionary group in Africa, I met some Muslim students who told me about Islam in such a logical and gentle way that i could not escape their words. After some reflection I realised I had been living in such darkness that some one had simply put the light on.
That may seem like a cliche but even the dream that followed continued to show that I was in the mud in a dark place and I was struggling to get out. I saw a horse that carried me on a long journey over mountains until I reached a place with flowers beside a great lake with silver lined yachts and a blanket of soft grass. The sky was clear crisp blue. It was here that I dismounted my horse.
It is a strange thing when you have been living amongst falsehood you recognise the truth as you recognise your own mother. You simply cannot deny it.
I am still coming to Islam even after years of studying this precious deen, as I feel the oceans and seas and every drop of water on the earth cannot compare to the depth of knowledge and wisdom that resides in it.
I testify to this most beautiful and glorious God Allah, as he gave me life when I was dead and He made me love Him to such an extent like no other
salam

==============================

Topic:  I am still coming to Islam (2 of 2), Read 100 times 
Conf:  Islam: How I Became Muslim
Date:  Thursday, June 05, 2003 02:04 PM 

Alhamdulillah.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Qur'an Al-Waqi'ah 56:1-7

"When what is to happen comes to pass-which is bound to happen undoubtedly-degrading (some) and exalting (others); when the earth is shaken up convulsively, the mountains bruised and crushed, turned to dust, floating in the air, you will become three categories:"

Edited by administrator
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic