IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what is extreme in religion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what is extreme in religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:51am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

well i agree about 90% to what sis Mishmish has said, first let me tell you sis that mashaAllah you are a muslim, moderate muslims is the term used by musharraf and his co in pakistan and inshaAllah i don't think we want to use it for any sincere muslim, as you said that if you are a true muslim, you are moderate anyway cos islam is a middle way, and i agree completely with you that some people say haram to any new technology cos it could show us haram if we choose to see it, in that sense our own sight is in doubt as well cos we would be chosing to see haram with our own eyes so does that makes our eyesight bad, no alhamdulillah its a blessing if we know how to use it for right purpose, our sheikh once said an amazing thing, he said the purpose of this sight is inshaAllah to see Allah swt in the end so how can you lower some thing which is meant to achieve such height, subhanAllah

i might be wrong but i have an iffy feeling towards using verse of no compulsion for every thing, i cant remember the ayah no but im sure you are aware that Allah swt mentions in Holy Quran that enter islam in full submission, and in so many places we are told that jews were destroyed and they led themselves astray by picking and chosing from deen, whatever dint suite them, they ignored it, and ayah of compulsion is for chosing islam not for chosing parts of islam but Allahualam

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:06pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

Sister Fatima, I have heard scholars say that if you say Shahada you should do so with all submission. The problem is that people don't always do so, and we as other people can not compel them to do so.

Sure, we can force women to cover: as in Saudi Arabia, but then they might feel resentment in their hearts for being forced to do so and will not receive the blessings for this action. We can force men to go to Juma'a on Friday, but if they are only there out of coercion, then their prayers will mean nothing. Anything forced on a person becomes an empty gesture and has no meaning.

We can never compel someone to feel Islam, no matter how hard we try. So, even if some scholars say that this Ayat doesn't apply if you are a Muslim, how can it not apply?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 10:10am

Assalamu alaikum

no way im saying that we should compel some1 to practise religion, i just dont agree with the view that people can justify their not following parts by saying Allah swt has said there is no compulsion in religion so if we dont feel like following something that too is ok, its up to that person but its not ok because they are sinning by disobeying but that in no way means that they going to hell cos no one knows what a person's end will be like and Allah swt guides people in any stage of life and also He leads astray boastfull and arrogant who think high of their piety and belittle others, astaghfirullah, so all im trying to say is be mindfull about every thing.

in the end these are our views which have not got much weight and Allah swt is The Judge of everything so we leave it to Him

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 2:29pm

Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

I agree with you completely in that that Ayat was meant that we can't compel people to Islam. But, unfortunately even once someone says they believe Islam is the truth, they still really can't be compeled to follow Islam.

But you are absolutely right that Allah is the best Judge, the only Judge, really, and all matters are up to Him.

I wrote on one thread here a while ago that wouldn't it be nice if we woke up one morning and everyone on the Forum were Muslims and we all got along and liked each other and someone wrote back, that would be Jennah. Insha'Allah I will get to see that, Insha'Allah.

Insha'Allah I have not said anything here that offended anyone.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 4:51am

waalaikum assalam

i think every sincere muslim wants to see every1 in submission of our beloved Lord and may Allah swt blesses us with His guidance in this world and inshaAllah His company in the next,

i think what you talking bout is fluctuation in the level of imaan and i think it happens to every1, it becomes easier to do some thing wrong when you slightly down but i think if we keep in our mind that if you have a bad feeling in your heart while doing an act of disobedience thats lowest level of imaan but alhamdulillah still is imaan, thats what im talkin bout that even though people indulge in wrong but dont make it seem ok, if you keep in your heart that wrong is wrong and ask Allah swt from its deliverance then inshaAllah one day you will be faced with the same situation and you would say no to the wrong and Umar (ra) said that imaan is facing the sin with the intention of doing and saying no just before commiting it thinking its forbidden by Allah swt. thats why i think that its good that a group among us keeps reminding people what is halal and what is haram in a good manner and those reminded should not take it as offense,

wassalam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic