IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What Do You Like About Society Today?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Do You Like About Society Today?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Do You Like About Society Today?
    Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:42am

I like the modern conveniences, like a refrigerator, computer, stove, furnace.  I like all the libraries and opportunities to learn practically anything we want.  I like the friendliness of most people I meet on the street.  I like the advantages of medical technology which has helped save many lives.  I like the fact that we can now discuss our differences peacefully.

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Angeldesire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angeldesire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:29pm
Awareness of peace and friendship in young people
Angel*�*.��.���`
"As I live each day may I do my part
to make one difference, to touch one heart,
And through each day may it be my goal
to encourage one mind and inspire one soul."
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:54pm
Community Service Projects.  Big Brothers and Big Sisters (mentors).  Spring Flowers, the internet and libraries, and the freedom to believe what my concious dictates without fear of death.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I like the modern conveniences, like a refrigerator, computer, stove, furnace.  I like all the libraries and opportunities to learn practically anything we want.  I like the friendliness of most people I meet on the street.  I like the advantages of medical technology which has helped save many lives.  God's Peace,

Patty

Bismillah,

Ditto to these.  I'm glad they don't use blood letting for every other thing anymore!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:25pm
I like living in a diverse society and knowing people from all over the world. I like ethnic food. I like organic produce and farmers markets. I like the internet so I can learn things and talk to people. I love books and the library and love the number one book the Quran! Mashalla you can get it in so many languages and read it even if you don't speak arabic.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:33pm

herjihad posted:

I'm glad they don't use blood letting for every other thing anymore!"

Oh, me too!  That must have been horrible!! I read where they still put leeches on people sometimes...and they put maggots in peoples ears to "eat" bacteria which is growing there. 

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 5:13am
masha Allah how the muslims united when the cartoon controversy broke out that was something which i liked about our muslim brothers and sisters, may Allah give us muslims the strength to be united at times of hardship, to be united against any injustice or insult to islam. aameen.
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic