IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islams beliefs concerning Christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islams beliefs concerning Christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbaitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 9:04pm

Think about this for a moment. There are a total of 66 books contained in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. There was a total of 40 different authors who wrote these books over a 1500 year period from different parts of the world in different languages and last many didn't ever meet the other authors. However there is harmony between all the writers, between all the books, and though there are many sub-themes within it, there is a main theme that runs through the entire Bible. God created a perfect world, and man once walked and talked with God because they had a relationship with one another. But then came the fall of man because of sin that the first Adam chosen to do and as a result sin came to all mankind causing a broken relationship with God. God however has provided a way to re-enter back into that relationship with Him through the second Adam (Jesus). The first Adam brought death through sin cauing separation from God, but the second Adam (Jesus) has abolished death through the gospel, which provides a way to draw near to God.

Hebrew 7:25 "Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him (Jesus), since He always lives to make intercession for them."

Not only is there similiar themes running through and harmony of all the writers penned words, there is fulfilled prophecy. For example Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies concerning Himself, http://messiahrevealed.org

I'll post one here,

Isaiah 40:3 A voice is calling, "Clear the way for the LORD in the wilderness; Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God

Who is this voice calling in the wilderness? This is vital because this voice is laying down the red carpet, announcing, ushering in, "the LORD"! Now notice the word "LORD" in caps, the hebrew word is YHWH which is the hebrew name for God.

At my wedding we were ushered into the party where the announcer let everyone know that Mr. and Mrs. B were here and here they are walking down then red carpet. In a similiar way this voice in the wilderness ushered or announced the LORD. Now who is this voice?

Luke 3:3-4 And he (John the baptizer) came into all the district around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins; as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, "THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, `MAKE READY THE WAY OF THE LORD, MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT.

So John the baptizer is the one voice in the wilderness announcing YHWH's entrance. Who did John point to? John 1:15 John testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, `He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.' " John 1:27 "It is He who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie." John the baptizer is announcing or ushering in Jesus who existed before him. If you think this is talking about Jesus' physical birth, think again, because John was born before Jesus' virgin birth miracle. So how could Jesus have existed before John? This could only be as the prophecy says, John was preparing the way for the Son of God, YHWH.

Not only are the fulfillment of these prophecies amazing but statistically speaking they are impossible. However this is not impossible with God.

Next look at the life of the apostles. Saul, also named Paul, was killing Christians and throwing them in prison because as he saw it he was doing God's will. This man had a prominent position as a Pharasee, born a roman citizen, educated, looked up to by others. However he gave up all these things to become a Christian following Jesus. Why? What would make him completely change? Jesus!

Acts 9 1 Now R458 Saul, F203 still breathing R459 threats F204 and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest, 2 and asked for letters R460 from him to the R461 synagogues at Damascus, R462 so that if he found any belonging to the R463 Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly R464 a light from heaven flashed around him; 4 and he R465 fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" 5 And he said, "Who are You, Lord?" And He said, "I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, 6 but get up and enter the city, and it R466 will be told you what you must do."

Saul knew now whom Jesus was! He knew Jesus was more then just a man. Saul's conviction eventually lead to his death and well as all those who had these same convictions.

Then there are the eye witnesses of Jesus resurrection, over 500 witnesses saw Jesus rise from the dead over a period of days and in different places. The changed lives and attitude of the believers are astounding. Once cowardice disciples who hide at the capture and death of their Lord Jesus, were now encouraged, excited and bold in their witness of the risen Jesus. What caused such a dramatic change? Seeing with their own eyes and touching with their own hands the risen Jesus. Talk about amazing things!

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 8:46am

Do you have anything other than stories based on conjectures? All you have said is to based on your faith on books of anonymous authors. This is strange. I thought you would negate or disagree with me about these authors, however, you do seem to admit this fact. With this, I can only conclude that whatever you read through these books is merely based on human conjectures and it is for this reason that Quran is the recommended path to recognise the ultimate truth by avoiding all such conjecutres. Rest God knows the best.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 1:19am

Robin you wrote: "There are a total of 66 books contained in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. There was a total of 40 different authors who wrote these books over a 1500 year period from different parts of the world in different languages and last many didn't ever meet the other authors."

No wonder you have so much difficulty explaining Christianity as it is followed today. We don't have 40 different authors, we have only one AUTHOR who is the CREATOR of the universe and only ONE BOOK the QUR'AN which makes our religion clear, simple and easy to follow. If we need further explanation we take it from the life of God' messenger all of which is recorded in the Hadith.

Then you say "God created a perfect world, and man once walked and talked with God because they had a relationship with one another. But then came the fall of man because of sin that the first Adam chosen to do and as a result sin came to all mankind causing a broken relationship with God. God however has provided a way to re-enter back into that relationship with Him through the second Adam (Jesus). The first Adam brought death through sin cauing separation from God, but the second Adam (Jesus) has abolished death through the gospel, which provides a way to draw near to God."

To me this makes no sense. This is pure fiction or myth! Who were all these people with whom God walked and talked before Adam's arrival?  How can you personify God with these words "walked and talked"? To us God is everywhere and there is nothing hidden from Him, he need not walk and talk!

And what is this sin that Adam brought death with? So is God so unjust that he punishes every human being because of this sin which Adam brought? Is not God forgiving? And how does Jesus become the second Adam? Isn't Jesus supposed to be the "son of God" according to Christianity? How many forms do you give Jesus?

"Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is."003.059

003.060 "The Truth (comes) from Allah alone; so be not of those who doubt."

Robin this kind of confusion does not exist in Islam. Only I am responsible for my sins, not my children, not my parents. I do not take the sin of anyone. Every individual is responsible for himself or herself. I seek forgiveness from God directly and I plead for His mercy directly. I don't have to go through anyone, my relationship with God is direct and it is so with every individual.

"It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is." 019.035

"And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden?" "005.116

"Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things. 005.117

"If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servant: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise." 005.118

"Allah will say: "This is a day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are gardens, with rivers flowing beneath,- their eternal Home: Allah well-pleased with them, and they with Allah: That is the great salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires)."005.119

"To Allah doth belong the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is therein, and it is He Who hath power over all things"005.120

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic