IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Zohar, Kabbalah and Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Zohar, Kabbalah and Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Kaaba Allah Kaaba Allah wrote:

Some people have no clue at all.

You asked a honest question, "do Muslims believe in Kabbalah?" I shall give you an honest answer: We pray 5 times a day towards and facing the "Kaaba" and we pray to "Allah". Kaaba, Allah? Put them together, recognize something? My brother our Kabbalah and our Quran have been around way before the Zohar even existed.

The Kaaba was built by Abraham himself, in case you didn't already know and its said to be where Adam first prayed and submitted to his lord. It's located in exactly the center of the world at the ratio 1,618.

There are a lot of hidden secrets in the Quran, you just need to be pure in order to connect and to able to understand them. You need to develop a 6th sense, a good intention and you shall see.

Research my brother. Don't let your life be ruled by a rabbi, shiekh or pope. Research my brother.

We are all brothers and sons of Abraham, let us unite.

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QPY1e0mb1E

I don't care what religion you are, your still my brother!

The Kaaba was'nt build by Abraham and Adam never worship by the Kaaba cause that time there was no Kaaba.
I think you must go and do some research.
tigereye468 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigereye468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 1:47pm
First, disregard the comment that Kabalah and Ka'aba and Allah are related, they aren't. Kabalah (or more correctly Qabalah) (קַבָּלָה) is spelled Qoph, Beth, Lamech, Heh whereas, Ka'aba is spelled (كَعْبَة) Kaaf, 'Ayn, Baa, Haa, not Qaaf, Baa, Laa, Haa. further Allah is Eloha (אלוה) in Hebrew.

Second, Islam derives its entire structure from the Qur'an, ahadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (S), and seerah (biography of Muhammad (s)). there is no room in Islamic theology for any other sources.

Now that said, it is true that several of the early Jurists were former Jews who had converted to Islam during Muhammad's (s) lifetime in Medina. As such, I'm sure that their Jewish background influenced their rulings to some degree, however, they still had to base everything off of Islamic sources, not Jewish ones.

Third, the Qabalah is not a book (although there are many books written on the Qabalah). The three foundational books are, of course, Sefer Ha-Zohar (Book of the Splender) which is the larges of the three foundational texts, Sefer Ha-Bahir (The Book of Brilliance/Illumination), and Sefer Yetzirah (Book of Foundation/Creation). These latter two are available in English translation (which includes the Hebrew text and English commentary by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan and are significantly smaller and less expensive than Ha-Zohar.

In addition to those three texts are many other books that tell about and discuss the Qabalah but none are source material for it. There is the Jewish Qabalah, Hermetic Qabalah, Pagan Qabalah, Christian Qabalah, and others that have developed from those original three books and expanded into different areas depending on the direction you want to take it.

In general, Muslims will not be familiar with Qabalah, and I doubt many of actually heard of it. Although I don't know for certain, I would suspect that many Muslim scholars would consider the subject of Qabalah to be doubtful on the simple fact that the source books have conflicting origin stories (in particular the Sefer Ha-Zohar), and the fact that they are not based upon Qur'an and Sunnah and therefore are likely to be corrupted and although there may be benefit in it, it is not worth the risk of being lead astray by any inaccuracies that they contain when Allah and his prophet (s) has provided us with all we need to function with the Qur'an and ahadith.

I personally do not feel there is any knowledge that should be prohibited and have read Sefer Ha Bahir and Sefer Yetzirah and have not read Ha Zohar because I haven't been able to afford a set yet. But I have studied Qabalah in its various forms so am fairly familiar with it. Personally, from my research, I do not feel it is "evil" but "occult" would be a good word as it is hidden knowledge (occult means hidden).

The Qabalah forms a world view on how to look at the world in which we live, and provides several ways of looking at the world and relating it to the divine. Although there is a lot of talk about the Tree of Life and the Sephirah, it must be remembered this is allegory and although at times it is treated as a real, concrete structure, it in reality is an allegorical framework and is no more real than the Id, Ego, Superego of Dr. Freud or the anima, animus, shadow and persona of Dr. Jung, (keep in mind when people talk about Id, Ego, Superego, Anima, Animus, Shadow and Persona they also tend to speak of them in real, concrete terms as if they were real.) In this way, Qabalah may be one of the earliest and most refined methods of psychology that is still practiced and utilized today for various purposes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic