IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - True about Hadiths?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

True about Hadiths?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: True about Hadiths?
    Posted: 30 April 2006 at 7:40pm

Salem All,

Please let me know if you agree about what I pasted below

I hope I don't get in trouble for copying so much *lol*

HISTORY OF HADITHS

Peace and blessings be upon all the messengers of Allah.

MUHAMMED FORBIDS THE WRITING OF HADITHS

It has been documented in Muslim, Ahmed and other sources of Hadith that Muhammad had prohibited the writing of his hadith.  

(1) Ibn Saeed Al-Khudry reported that the messenger of God had said,

"Do not write anything from me EXCEPT QURAN. Anyone who wrote anything other than the Quran shall erase it."

The following historical incident happened about 30 years after the death of the Prophet Muhammed and shows that the Prophet never canceled his order not to write but the Quran. The hadiths books however contained some fabricated hadiths that are considered by the same Hadiths scholars as very weak, trying to indicate that Muhammed changed his view about writing the hadiths. The readers of the hadith to follow, that happened about 30 years after the death of the Prophet, will conclude by themselves that the Prophet Muhammed never authorized the writing of the hadiths since the time he told his followers not to write but the Quran.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:55pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister Suzanne, I got this information about Hadiths, hope this helps.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamO nline-English-AAbout_Islam/AskAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE& ;cid=1123996016490

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 1:55am

Suzanne, the hadith you've posted is correct.  That was during the time when the quran was still being revealed to him s.a.w and written down by scribes r.a.  The reason why the prohet s.a.w forbade it at that time was due to the fear of the mixing of the word of Allah (quran) with his own words . 

During the time of the khilafat, the quran was complete.  There was no room for confusion.  However, there arrised a fear of forgetting the sunnah and thus losing a wealth of knowledge.   So, the khalifa r.a allowed it.  

Salaam

Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 8:25pm

Salem,

Alhemdeallah both of you as so full of knowledge.

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:05am

Salaam. It is hard to decide but I came across this one from the internet:

Kanz Ul Ummal, Vol 5, pg 237.

as reported by Aisha bint Abu Bakr:

"My father collected the Hadith of the Prophet (s), and they were five-hundred in number. He spent the night being undecided [about them]. I said that he was undecided because of a complaint or something that had reached him. In the morning he said: "Oh my daughter! Bring me all the Hadiths that are with you". I gave them to him and he burnt them..."

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 8:24am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

there are few ahadith which mention punishment for some one who ascribes something to Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) without full knowledge and subhanAllah amazing was the fear of Allah swt's wrath of these sahaba (ra) that they did not narrate anything unless they remembered word by word what Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said.

same reason Uthman (ra) gave when some one asked him that why does he never narrates any hadith

at the end Allahu alam

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic