IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Dear Hadi
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is my secret marriage valid? (68)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is my secret marriage valid? (68)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is my secret marriage valid? (68)
    Posted: 20 December 2023 at 9:00am

I converted to Islam a few years ago and entered into a marriage with a Muslim man. My husband insisted on keeping our marriage a secret from his family, fearing ...
Mughees View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mughees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2024 at 7:19am
The validity of your marriage in Islam hinges on a few key conditions, and it sounds like your situation may not have fully met these requirements. In a marriage, the presence of a wali for the bride is a significant condition for the marriage to be valid. The wali is usually the father, but in his absence or lack of capability, another male relative can serve as the guardian. A valid Islamic marriage requires two Muslim witnesses to be present and witness the marriage contract. Public declaration of marriage is generally preferred to avoid any confusion about the relationship. Given the complexity of your situation, I recommend consulting a knowledgeable scholar or imam for guidance specific to your circumstances. They can assess the situation and provide you with the best course of action. 
Huzaifa Arshad View Drop Down

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huzaifa Arshad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2024 at 7:08am
According to the teachings of Islam, marriage contract should involve mutual consent, witnesses, and, ideally, the presence of a guardian (wali) for the bride. A lack of a wali may raise concerns about validity, the core factors are consent and sincerity. Seek guidance from knowledgeable scholars to address doubts and work towards resolving issues with your husband openly and honestly, prioritizing mutual respect and understanding.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic