IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Dear Hadi
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sunni-Shia Marriage (51)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunni-Shia Marriage (51)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunni-Shia Marriage (51)
    Posted: 21 November 2023 at 11:45pm

As-salamu alaykum I am interested in marrying a man who is my class fellow. This man has been respectful and has told his parents from the beginning and I ...
Huzaifa Arshad View Drop Down

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huzaifa Arshad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2024 at 7:03am
Wa alaikum assalam, marriage is encouraged as a means of fostering love, mercy, and companionship between spouses, as well as strengthening the family unit. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty, and her religion. Choose the one who is religious, may your hands be rubbed with dust [i.e., may you prosper]." (Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim). Regarding the differences in religious practices between Sunni and Shia Muslims, it's essential to remember that Islam emphasizes unity and tolerance among its followers. While there may be variations in practices within different sects, what matters most is sincerity in worship and adherence to the core principles of Islam. As long as both of you respect each other's beliefs and practices, and your differences do not hinder your ability to fulfill your religious obligations and live harmoniously together, there should be no barrier to your marriage.
Mughees View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mughees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2024 at 6:31am
Wa alaikum assalam, the decision to marry someone from a different sect within Islam, such as Sunni or Shia can be complex and requires careful consideration. Islam encourages muslims to marry based on piety, good character, and compatibility in faith. The Quran mentions: "And one of His signs is that He created for you spouses from among yourselves so that you may find comfort in them. And He has placed between you compassion and mercy. Surely in this are signs for people who reflect". (Quran 30:21). There are still some key differences in religious practice that could arise in a marriage between a sunni and a shia Muslims. These differences could affect your future household, such as how you raise your children, and how you observe religious occasions and practices. I would still suggest speaking with trusted Islamic scholars from both backgrounds to get their perspective and advice on your specific situation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic