IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Dear Hadi
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tattoos and Islam: Covering Up? (40)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tattoos and Islam: Covering Up? (40)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tattoos and Islam: Covering Up? (40)
    Posted: 27 September 2023 at 10:59pm

I used to be a Tattoo artist and I recently converted to Islam. I still respect and love tattoo art, even though I am no longer directly involved in it ...
Mughees View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mughees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2024 at 6:42am
Tattoos are generally haram because they involve permanently altering the body, which is viewed as disrespecting the natural form created by Allah. However, as a recent convert, while attending the mosque, it's respectful to dress modestly and cover your tattoos if possible. Wearing long sleeves or clothing that conceals your tattoos would be a considerate gesture, especially at the mosque where modesty is emphasized. As you continue to learn and grow in your faith, you can cover your tattoos. It's a personal journey, and the important thing is to strive to align your actions with Islamic principles to the best of your ability. Additionally, seeking guidance from knowledgeable individuals in the Muslim community, and visiting Islamic centers for consulting can provide further clarity and support as you navigate more aspects of your faith journey. 
Huzaifa Arshad View Drop Down

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huzaifa Arshad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2024 at 8:16am
Getting tattoos is generally considered haram due to altering the body's natural creation. However, if one has tattoos from before converting to Islam, they are not held accountable for them. When attending the mosque, it's respectful to cover tattoos, but it's not strictly required unless they depict something offensive or inappropriate. Modest attire, including long sleeves, is encouraged out of respect for the sacred space.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic