IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Prophet Is Among and Purifying US.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Prophet Is Among and Purifying US.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Prophet Is Among and Purifying US.
    Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:54am
As-Salaam alaikum,
   In ayat 151 of Surat Baqra of the Holy Qur'an, we have read it :--

"Just as We have sent among (within) you an Apostle
    from your own, reciting to you Our signs, and purifying
    you, and instructing (teaching) you the Book and it's Wisdom,
    and teaching you new knowledge which you did not know." (2:151)

Here, we come to know that not only is the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is amongst us, but is within us. When light comes to be present in a place, it does not stay by itself, it diffuses into everything. And the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is the first of the lights that emanated from the Immense Ocean of the Divine Being.

A simple analogy of light is that it has an in-built capacity/capability to push through all darkness. Just one light is enough to illuminate infinite amount of darkness. That is the significance of light, that is the greatness of the Mercy of Allah, Azzah-wa-Jall... that as much as we put ourselves into darkness, all it takes is but one light, one candle, one pilot light for Allah Ta'ala to open and immediately that light will push away the darkness.

Now, the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said :--
   "Whoever sends one blessing (praises.. Sallama alaiya) upon me,
   Allah will shower His blessings upon him 10 times, and will erase 
   10 of his sins, and elevate (raise) HIS spiritual station 10 times". (hadith recorded by Nisa'i).

Just as by turning one candle on in your dark room at home, all darkness therein is pushed away, in the same way, and even better /sharper way, as soon as you make Salawaat ala Nabiy, the light of the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, comes and begins to purify and cleanse you. So, do increase the number and regularity of your Salaat ala Nabiy, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Best Wishes. 
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Abu Fauzi Abu Fauzi wrote:

As-Salaam alaikum,
   In ayat 151 of Surat Baqra of the Holy Qur'an, we have read it :--

"Just as We have sent among (within) you an Apostle
    from your own, reciting to you Our signs, and purifying
    you, and instructing (teaching) you the Book and it's Wisdom,
    and teaching you new knowledge which you did not know." (2:151)

Here, we come to know that not only is the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is amongst us, but is within us. When light comes to be present in a place, it does not stay by itself, it diffuses into everything. And the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is the first of the lights that emanated from the Immense Ocean of the Divine Being.

A simple analogy of light is that it has an in-built capacity/capability to push through all darkness. Just one light is enough to illuminate infinite amount of darkness. That is the significance of light, that is the greatness of the Mercy of Allah, Azzah-wa-Jall... that as much as we put ourselves into darkness, all it takes is but one light, one candle, one pilot light for Allah Ta'ala to open and immediately that light will push away the darkness.

Just as by turning one candle on in your dark room at home, all darkness therein is pushed away, in the same way, and even better /sharper way, as soon as you make Salawaat ala Nabiy, the light of the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, comes and begins to purify and cleanse you. So, do increase the number and regularity of your Salaat ala Nabiy, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Best Wishes. 

Wa Alaikumus-Salaam,

LOL!! 

Your post is an excellent example of how NOT to understand and interpret our Qur'an!!

Your interpretation of these verses is an 'extreme' Sufi/Ash'ari one... because even the 'moderate' Sufis/Ash'aris won't agree with you.

Contrary to what you are trying to make us believe, The prophet ﷺ is neither amongst usnor within us ... he is in his grave, but his teachings, knowledge and application of his hadith and sunnah, the Qur'an that was revealed to him, as well as the fear (Taqwaa) of Allah سبحانه عز وجل ... are all amongst us and hopefully within us 

1) Always take your understanding and interpretations of from the original Arabic text, with the understanding of the Sahaba (Companions of our prophet رضي الله عنهم), and Tafseer of the known and accepted Mufassireen, such as Tabari, Ibn Katheer, Qurtubi, Saadi...etc... i.e. do not interpret verses according to your own 'logic and understanding'.

2) Translations of the Qur'an are only for 'guidance'... because they are not always 100% accurate... and even if you look at the most known and accepted translations, you'll find that NONE of them wrote the term 'WITHIN YOU'... look:

Chapter (2) sūrat l-baqarah (The Cow)

Sahih International: Just as We have sent among you a messenger from yourselves reciting to you Our verses and purifying you and teaching you the Book and wisdom and teaching you that which you did not know.

Pickthall: Even as We have sent unto you a messenger from among you, who reciteth unto you Our revelations and causeth you to grow, and teacheth you the Scripture and wisdom, and teacheth you that which ye knew not.

Yusuf Ali: A similar (favour have ye already received) in that We have sent among you a Messenger of your own, rehearsing to you Our Signs, and sanctifying you, and instructing you in Scripture and Wisdom, and in new knowledge.

Shakir: Even as We have sent among you a Messenger from among you who recites to you Our communications and purifies you and teaches you the Book and the wisdom and teaches you that which you did not know.

Muhammad Sarwar: As We have sent a Messenger from your own people to show you evidence about Me, to purify you from sins, to teach you the Book, give you wisdom and instruct you in that which you did not know,

Mohsin Khan: Similarly (to complete My Blessings on you) We have sent among you a Messenger (Muhammad SAW) of your own, reciting to you Our Verses (the Quran) and sanctifying you, and teaching you the Book (the Quran) and the Hikmah (i.e. Sunnah, Islamic laws and Fiqh - jurisprudence), and teaching you that which you used not to know.

Arberry: as also We have sent among you, of yourselves, a Messenger, to recite Our signs to you and to purify you, and to teach you the Book and the Wisdom, and to teach you that you knew not.

And even if one of the above translators had, for argument's sake, written 'within you', it would have meant 'within your Ummah'... not 'within your bodies and souls' Smile

In fact, All the translators above have deliberately 'avoided' the term 'within'... but you chose to include/add it to the verse above... for reasons known to Allah سبحانه وتعالى !!

This confusing interpretation of yours was never present in the first 3 centuries of Islam... it was innovated by the people of Kalaam/Philosophy... much like the rest of your post.

May Allah Guide us all to the Truth... and keep us steadfast upon it.

Abu Fauzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 6:15am
As-Salaam alaikum,
  About the above topic I was privileged to post, MIAW observed, among others, that "The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is neither amongst us, nor within us... he is in his grave, but his teachings, Knowledge and application of his hadith and Sunnah... are all among us"
  He said that I should always take my understanding and interpretations of the Holy Qur'an from the original Arabic text, tafseer of the known Mufassireen such as Ibn Katheer, Qurtabi, etc.

We have in the past discussed issues with MIAW, similar to this on this Forum. About your observation that I should always bring my understanding /interpretation of the Holy Qur'an in accordance with the original Arabic text and known Mufassireen, I have noted this. However, I must at this point, remind you of ayat 109 of Surat Kahfi of the Holy Qur'an :-

"Say:If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words
  of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would 
  the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it
  for its aid." (18:109)
...meaning that secrets coming from the letters, words and verses of the Holy Qur'an are so much, that if you keep writing now till end of the world and using the ocean as ink, the oceans would finish and still the interpretation of the Qur'an will not finish.. Ibn Katheer, Qurtabi, and all others inclusive. The Holy Qur'an is an endless ocean, whose shore and depth cannot be found or exhausted. 
So, yes! The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is AMONGST AND WITHIN us, just as Allah Ta'ala says in Surat Hujrat:--

"WA'ALAMOO ANNA FEEKUM RASULULLAH... And know (that) Allah's Messenger is in you" (49:7). Know that the Prophet Is in you, his Light and his presence is with you every moment. He has been sent to every human being. How? The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said :- "Human beings are born on fitrah, innocence, his parents make him either Jewish or Christian or Zoroastrian." (Muslim)
Being born on Taqwa or Innocence in real terns means Muhammad (s), who is the real manifestation of the Beautiful Names of Allah. "Either his parents make him Christian, Jew or Zoroastrian", but in reality every newly born child is a Mu'min, a Muslim, and he could not have been a Muslim or a Mu'min if the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, we're not there! So it means that a speck of the reality of the Prophet's Light is in every human being. As we grow from infant to adult age, that Light will ignite with love of the Prophet, through/with our sending /recital of Salawaat ala Nabiy and ardent worship of Allah Ta'ala. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic