IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage Barriers - Challenges in Getting Married  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage Barriers - Challenges in Getting Married

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Striver001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage Barriers - Challenges in Getting Married
    Posted: 11 February 2023 at 1:48pm
Salamu alaikum forum,
I know there are many people facing challenges to find a spouse. For example, people over 50, mentally ill, sisters with children, reverts, and those with an std ie herpes. These are people in our communities who do not reach out because of other folks biases (assumptions, beliefs and values). In other words, they feel people will judge them through cultural lens, those stigmas and stereotypes. Therefore, the issue is a crisis which impacts wellbeing (afiyah). I would like to discuss different Islamic resources for dealing with those issues. Please do not mention your particular issue, instead reveal the Islamic norm you use to managing your marriage barrier. Insha Allah, then I would like to know if stereotypes and stigmas are a secondary issue, just write yes or no. In addition, would you accept Islamic coaching to help manage grief or anxiety about that issue, reply with a yes or no. I am only starting this post to help people get a better understanding about managing their marriage barrier when searching for a spouse because this seems to be a serious issue that get little attention. Moreover, I might start a service that connects individuals to people of knowledge who can help them learn Islamic ways for finding contentment.
maniknm99 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniknm99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2023 at 3:42am

Wa-alaikumus salam,

Thank you for addressing the important and often overlooked issue of individuals facing marriage barriers in our communities. Your inclusive approach, focusing on Islamic resources and norms for managing these challenges, is commendable. By encouraging open discussion without judgment, you are creating a safe space for individuals to seek guidance and support.

Your consideration of offering Islamic coaching to manage grief and anxiety shows your dedication to helping others find contentment within their circumstances. May Allah bless your efforts to provide valuable resources and support for those in need.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic