IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Q4:517 Did Christians see the Crucifixion?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q4:517 Did Christians see the Crucifixion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male Christian Protestant
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOB the OLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q4:517 Did Christians see the Crucifixion?
    Posted: 09 September 2022 at 2:52am
Q 4: 157. They declared, "We have put to death the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God." They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it only seemed to them [as if it had been so]. And those who differ in this matter are in doubt concerning it. They have no definite knowledge about it, but only follow mere conjecture. But they certainly did not kill him.

My unanswered question no Muslim wants to answer since 2008.
I was introduced to Islam in 2008, and after I read the Quran the first time, I spoke to fellow Muslims about 2 questions.
but the main question they could not answer was: "If Allah made it to appear to the witnesses present at the Crucifixion that it was Jesus who was Crucified, are these witnesses liars for reporting the death of Jesus?"
Or did Allah deceive them to believe that Jesus died on the cross?
If these witnesses reported in the 4 gospels that Jesus was crucified (and rose from the dead), then they are truthful witnesses of the event.

How is it possible that God would deceive the Christians for 600 years, then come with such a story that they were deceived in believing what they saw?

I mean, to me this was clear evidence that whoever made up this story, was telling one huge lie, and that made me realize that the Quran can never be the word of God.

Only a deceiver will come up with this deception, and Jesus called Satan the deceiver and murderer of humans.
Is there any Muslim that has the courage to speak to me to show me that I am wrong?
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2023 at 1:34am
Originally posted by JOB the OLD JOB the OLD wrote:

My unanswered question no Muslim wants to answer since 2008.
I was introduced to Islam in 2008, and after I read the Quran the first time, I spoke to fellow Muslims about 2 questions.
but the main question they could not answer was: "If Allah made it to appear to the witnesses present at the Crucifixion that it was Jesus who was Crucified, are these witnesses liars for reporting the death of Jesus?"
Or did Allah deceive them to believe that Jesus died on the cross?
If these witnesses reported in the 4 gospels that Jesus was crucified (and rose from the dead), then they are truthful witnesses of the event.

How is it possible that God would deceive the Christians for 600 years, then come with such a story that they were deceived in believing what they saw?

I mean, to me this was clear evidence that whoever made up this story, was telling one huge lie, and that made me realize that the Quran can never be the word of God.

Only a deceiver will come up with this deception, and Jesus called Satan the deceiver and murderer of humans.
Is there any Muslim that has the courage to speak to me to show me that I am wrong?

I believe this question has already been answered for you by Niblo (in good detail, 4 posts!) Here:

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2024 at 9:36am

Jesus was not crucified according to 1st Century Christians

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic