IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unsure what to do  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unsure what to do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unsure what to do
    Posted: 19 May 2022 at 9:38pm
Assalam o alaikum
So basically I am from Pakistan where I grew and went to college. I am a US citizen and got married to a guy my dad chose for me in Pakistan. He comes from a political family but very humble. He had an MBA but wasn’t working at the time. Our plan was to move to the US so I came back to the US and filed for his immigration. Then Covid happened and everything got delayed so he was in Pakistan for 5 years but did not work at all. He did his M Phil but could not secure a job. We had constant arguments about his job. But he said I have to come there blah blah. Well I let it go since I thought he will improve but he blamed me saying that he did not know he had to come to the US which makes him sacrifice his political activities and job/family in Pakistan. Eventually he came here and we started living in my sisters home which was free for us. He didn’t mend his ways. He would be on his phone all day. Did not help me with chores even though I was pregnant. Then he started misbehaving with my parents. We had arguments about his behavior but he would not change. I gave birth to a daughter and didn’t take any responsibility at all. So one day, he had an argument with my dad and he infront of everything said he was going to divorce me. Called his dad the next day and said it again. His family did a whole fiasco which was to be honest very embarrassing for me as I don’t like to discuss my problems with anyone. He misbehaved with my family again and again. Now after I left the house he wants me come back, cries and says he promises not to do it again. Mind you, he is still in my sisters house. He still does not provide for us in any way.
I am not sure about this relationship anymore. Need advice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic