IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need Advice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rj2slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice
    Posted: 02 January 2022 at 1:27pm
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

I need advice on something that's been on my mind. Recently I've had an attraction to one guy, he was really nice to me and funny. A few months ago he went through something in his private life and our communication has been strained and it left me confused as to whether I have done something wrong, he really only types in one-word sentences, reads my messages, and doesn't reply even when I try to check up on him and ask if he's okay. Sometimes he even apologized and said he never meant to do it on purpose. I have prayed Istikhara because I needed guidance towards whether if he is someone I should continue to have in my life and will eventually work out or move on. I've gotten specific signs on Instagram about our separation and how he wants to come back in my life and how he regrets leaving so suddenly. Some of these signs even included he had sexual fantasies for me, could these signs be from the Istikhara or just coincidence or trickery from shaytaan. I even clicked "not interested" on those posts since they take up my Instagram page but they still come back. One of my friends who partake in Quran class or Dugsi said that these specific signs could be from Allah (swt) since they're clear and show something very specific both to my experiences and in general.

I have the intention of keeping this relationship halal even if it means staying as just friends but I would really like this to work out since I think that he is a really nice person and we share many common interests. I don't think he has many people he's friends with and he even told me this which is why I want to be in his life so he won't feel almost alone. During a rough patch in his life, I used to pray for him every day. Is there anything else I could do that can help guide me to a decision?

Jazakallahu Dhamir Khitab.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 6:45am
Wa alaikum Salaam RB,

I read what you have stated above as a clear sign you should move on. As painful as this will be, he has already made his decision to end the relationship, which trusting in Allah, is in your best interest. Don't waste your time attempting to make sense out of nonsense.  Use that time to heal.  Allah bless you with good in this life and the next.  
Mitchell View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2022 at 10:38am
Wa Alikum Salaam

In istikhara, the seeker of Allah’s will goes through a number of steps to discover divine guidance. Through supplications and repetitions of certain verses, the seeker hopes to receive positive messages or predictions. The seeker then shares this prediction with a trusted individual, and only then abides by the advice he or she received.

I have read an article about Istikhara click here to read about Istikhara Dua and its full method 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic