IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Investing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Investing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbameled12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Investing
    Posted: 09 December 2021 at 8:45am

Asalam Alaykoum

My question is or if you can point me in the right direction to someone that can help me to know if Apartment Syndication is halal or haram.

For example, I would be  a General Partner in a deal it could be 3-5 of us and we will have Limited partner/accredited investors that will put either all the down payment money and renovations costs and we as General Partners put a small percent since we will be managing the asset.

Generally, we put some money down depending on if you find the deal. But investors will get preferred return and we usually split profits and cashflow 70%/30%.

So, we will for example buy a 25million apartment building raise the money for the down payment and renovation cost and value add opportunities and grow the asset and sell in 5-7 years and give investors their money back plus 15-20% return depending on how good we manage and how well the asset performs.

I am wondering if it is halal this kind of transaction obviously if I do regular financing with banks, it will be riba but if I were to get a loan from IJARA CDC, MyUIF, and other Islamic financings I am wondering if that transaction will be halal.

Thank you for the help

MarleneHensley View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
catolik
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarleneHensley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2022 at 8:50am
Educate yourself, people. The more knowledge you acquire, the more success you'll have in life.
LouisShaman View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouisShaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2022 at 7:00am
Hard to say
MalisDn View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male best
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MalisDn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2022 at 7:24am
I think using Muslim banks for financial operations is not a problem. Moreover, there must be special advisors who could help you with that. I didn’t have just the same situation, but I have experience of having depth for the house too. And I talked to my family members and friends; nobody said I was doing something wrong. So I hope that I never did. There’re also many good investing plans, which I’m sure are halal. I found them on investorjunkie.com, and some f them seem profitable to me.
I thought this link might be helpful for you too. However, it has nothing about the Islam aspect, that’s why you need some consideration or talking to a Muslim advisor first
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic