IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dishonesty in marriage affecting us  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dishonesty in marriage affecting us

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherHaris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dishonesty in marriage affecting us
    Posted: 28 June 2021 at 10:21pm

As Salam u alaikum wr wb,

Firsly, I am a born muslim man who recently got married to a muslim woman 5 months ago. It was an arranged marriage. I and the girl did not talk before our marriage as we are strictly against gender mixing and talking to non maharams. 

After 3 months of out marriage, I found out that the girl's family did not disclose about her previous engagement with another guy. Her engagement lasted for 6 months and their wedding was called off exactly 1 week before their Nikah. I also found several pictures of her and her ex-fiancee chatting, doing video calls and hanging out, in her mobile accidentally. When confronted she initially refused all the allegations but when the proof was shown she accepted the truth. 

Secondly, in our night of Nikah, there was an unbearable odor from her private parts which lasted for 3 to 4 days before I asked her about it. When asked, she told me that she does not have any kind of infection down there. Later I found that this was also a lie. When confronted again, she accepted that she had urinary tract infection before marriage and was under treatment but discontinued after wedding. Her private part still emits bad smell but only intermittently and not that strong.

The reason she told me for her lies is that she was afraid to tell the truth. 

All these things have really affected me both mentally and emotionally to the point that I am not attracted to my wife anymore.

If there is one thing that I desire in life right now is divorce to afresh but at the same time I also don't want to hurt her emotionally by divorcing her. I just wish if my wife was alright with the option of divorce but it looks she wouldn't like it. 

I am not able to decide what to do. I need someone who I can trust to guide me in the light of Quran and sunnah.

Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2021 at 10:00pm
Wa alaikum Salam,
Her excuses seems to be genuine. Help her in these situation, take care of her health and try to renew your relations with her.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic