IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is God Evil?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is God Evil?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Female islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAHRA1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 3:43am
Blackangel View Drop Down

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by ZAHRA1234 ZAHRA1234 wrote:

nice sharing http://www.mobile-phone.pk/oppo_reno_6-11250/

Are you suggesting you are a phone for the boss?
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2021 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Blackangel Blackangel wrote:

Salutations. Does God not have a duty of care? Every 3.7 seconds a child dies needlessly from starvation and preventable disease and other disease and disorder like cancer. Why are children conceived born scream in agony and die?A companionate God would have saved hundreds of millions from dying from cancer. Every 40 seconds a person commits suicide- is it complicated for an all powerful God to make people happy. Yes I am haughty and egotistical and not meek. I got wiped out by magik and am a mess. Trust me God controls the weather. Peace

Hi Blackangel,

I've read some of your posts in this thread. Please allow me to add my 2 pence.

So you want to live in a world where:

- it is a Utopia (according to your post in another thread)
- there are no diseases (no cancer)
- no locusts
- no hardship
- no disasters
- no suicide
- no death

Well... In Islam, we believe that this kind of world DOES EXIST!!... we call it PARADISE... (which exists, unlike the imaginary Utopia)...  the only problem is how to get there... you need someone to show you exactly how to get there... because this world/life is merely a test that will determine if you pass (and therefore go to Paradise)... or fail (and therefore be punished)... and Allah SWT (in his Mercy) has shown us how to get to Paradise, and therefore avoid going to Hell and be punished.

Punishments Versus Tests - Nouman Ali Khan  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj4IRSEza1o

Question: Does the Qur'an tell us that we will be teted in this life? 
Answer: Yes, in a few verses, including:

Qur'an [2:155]

Chapter (2) sūrat l-baqarah (The Cow)

Sahih International: And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,

...GOD HAS ALOT TO ANSWER FOR...

If someone is preparing to take A'levels/Baccalaureate exams, but does not make any effort in order to pass... would you consider the examiners who fail him/her crazy/unfair/unjust? (wa lillahil mathalul a'laa وَلِلَّهِ المَثَلُ ال�£َعْلَى )... 

In Islam, we never dare to question Allah (God)'s decisions, it is US who will be questioned:

Qur'an [21:23]

Chapter (21) sūrat l-anbiyāa (The Prophets)

Sahih International: He is not questioned about what He does, but they will be questioned.

I think that if you do some research on Google/Youtube about these issues... you'll find that Islam has answered them.

Regards

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2021 at 6:55pm
Thanks for your kindly reply. I'm trying to hold it together and not fall believe me- what are you supposed to do if your mental health is annihilated? I'm crowned and anointed to name a few. If my crowns are removed I would get worried. What's wrong with questing for a utopia? Society drives a sociological lada-why not a sociological Ferrari?? I could outline the basics to a material utopia. It's not complicated!. There are Allegedly two Suppressed quantified cures for cancer (Royal Raymond Rife and Antoine priore) what's wrong with questing for a world devoid of cancer? The revised cancer statistics state 1 in 2 people will get cancer. Is it not righteous to save Billions of lives?

Am I supposed to beieve God victimises those with psychological disorders and psychiatric malfunction and sends them to hell?? Is God that brutal??  If you believe in hell are you suggesting God is a sadist??

I've spent some 40 years living in senseless misery WHY!!!

Why can't God make depressed people happy?

As Carl Sagan said if we are alone in the universe it's an awful waste of space!! FRIENDLY question- what's the universal religion??

The question about African subsistence farmers having there crops wiped out fries my brain!! Back breaking work wiped out in minutes!! Gastric bands in America malnutrition in Africa!! What do I truly want? A cure for cancer and the needy fed. It's not much to aspire to!!

Edited to add. Peace
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2021 at 3:48am
Thanks for your post. You've raised several points, I will try to comment on some of them (frankly and openly if I may)..

... I'm crowned and anointed to name a few. If my crowns are removed I would get worried...

I don't understand this. What does 'crowned and anointed' mean? is it a physical treatment for something? sorry, please elaborate and explain.

...What's wrong with questing for a utopia? Society drives a sociological lada-why not a sociological Ferrari?? I could outline the basics to a material utopia. It's not complicated!...
There's absolutely nothing wrong with questing for a Utopia... it would be really nice to live in one... the only problem is that Utopia is an imaginary world (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia )... it will never exist in our lifetime/world, because of Man's greed, quest for domination, selfishness...etc... therefore it is nothing but a nice fairy-tale dream!!... However, in Islam, we know that Paradise (in Arabic: Janna) is true... aiming for it is aiming for much, much better and higher than a Ferrari!... and to enter it, all you have to do is:

1) Believe
2) Abide (i.e. Obey God's commands and instructions)

If you and I can fulfil these conditions, then we will have passed this life's tests, trials and tribulations.

Qur'an [29:2]

Chapter (29) sūrat l-ʿankabūt (The Spider)

Sahih International: Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?

...There are Allegedly two Suppressed quantified cures for cancer (Royal Raymond Rife and Antoine priore) what's wrong with questing for a world devoid of cancer? The revised cancer statistics state 1 in 2 people will get cancer. Is it not righteous to save Billions of lives?...

Saving lives is at the heart of Islamic faith... Qur'an [5:32] tells us that saving one life is like saving the whole of mankind. Furthermore, Islam encourages scientific research in order to find cures etc.. That is why at the height of Islamic civilisation, Muslim scientists laid the foundations of today's medicine (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1322233/).

However, it is not fair to blame (not finding a cure for) cancer (or any other disease) on Allah SWT (God). It is Men and governments who would much prefer to spend billions and trillions of dollars/pounds on wars, weapons, conflicts etc, rather than spending it on research into finding cures... in fact, many diseases and afflictions are deliberately caused by man himself! (biological, chemical, nuclear warfare)... and I am not a conspiracist.

...Am I supposed to believe God victimises those with psychological disorders and psychiatric malfunction and sends them to hell?? Is God that brutal??...

Of course not!... Allah SWT is very Clement and Merciful... He has allowed all sorts of concessions for people with any disorder, malfunction, disease, medical condition...etc, and He has instructed us to care for them, offer them support, and tend to their comfort.

...If you believe in hell are you suggesting God is a sadist??...

Allah (God) Has created Paradise to reward those who pass his tests and trials in this life... it is only fair that He would create a place of punishment for those who stubbornly deny him, disbelieve in him, make fun of Him and his Prophets and Messengers and spend an entire lifetime delving in evil and tormenting others, without repenting and turning to the 'straight and narrow'.

...I've spent some 40 years living in senseless misery WHY!!!...

In Islam, we are encouraged to be patient in the face of life's trials and tribulations... and thank Allah, and pray to Him to better our lives.

...Why can't God make depressed people happy?...

Allah SWT Wants us to be happy... that's why he has given us a 'cure' for depression and anxiety: 

Qur'an [13:28]

Chapter (13) sūrat l-raʿd (The Thunder)

Sahih International: Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."

Pickthall: Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!

...As Carl Sagan said if we are alone in the universe it's an awful waste of space!!...

This is how I see it:

The vastness of the Universe is not a waste of space... It is Allah's way of showing us how much he cares about all of us!!... how??

He Created an entire Universe in order to show us a glimpse of his Power and convince the stubborn disbelievers amongst us to return to the right path (the path He chose for us) and worship him as He wants to be worshipped... This way, none of us can claim (on the Day of Judgement) that they did not know!... therefore the Universe (and everything in it) are clear signs FOR us... as well as (a small part of the) evidence of His Majestic engineering.

...FRIENDLY question- what's the universal religion??...

If you mean 'What should be' the universal religion? then the answer is: A religion that recognises the Power of God as a creator, without any partners... a religion through which people 'submit' to the all-powerful God Allah SWT, and put their entire trust in Him, in accordance with the instructions that we received through his messengers.

...What do I truly want? A cure for cancer and the needy fed. It's not much to aspire to!!...

I cannot even begin to tell you what an easy task for Allah (God) SWT to provide us with cures and food... however, He wants US to get together and make the effort... I will give you an example:

Consider the story of Mary (mother of Prophet Jesus PBUH and the best woman that has ever existed)...

When Allah SWT wanted to provide her with food (without any effort on her part whatsoever)... He did:

Qur'an [3:37]
Every time Zechariah entered upon her in the prayer chamber, he found with her provision. He said, "O Mary, from where is this [coming] to you?" She said, "It is from Allah. Indeed, Allah provides for whom He wills without account."

However, when Allah Wanted her to make an effort, He instructed her to 'shake the palm tree' (even though she was heavily pregnant, in labour):

Qur'an [19:25]
And shake toward you the trunk of the palm tree; it will drop upon you ripe, fresh dates.

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2021 at 11:43am
Thanks for the education. Peace

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2021 at 7:25pm
Peace

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 9:33am
Thanks for your kindness
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic