IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please help me  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tb9730 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me
    Posted: 12 November 2020 at 12:53am
I am married to a lybian man and have been for a year we are very much in love and we are very happy alhumdllah. Iam Syrian but born the US I have twin boys from a previous marriage . My husband has not yet told his parents about us because he is scared of there reaction he is going to be brining up the subject in a few months when he goes to Lybia to visit them but even if does he is not going to tell them we are married but he is going to say there is someone he wants to marry. He told me that if they say no that he can’t disobey them he didnt straight forward tell me I’m going to leave you but that’s what it pretty much means if they say no then he is going to leave me because it’s going to be hard for them to accept that iam a divorced woman with two children . Also iam younger than him . Please I need help and a advice on what to do ? 
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2021 at 7:32pm
Wa alaikum,
Were you married legally? Was the marriage registered. Do you have any papers showing you as husband and wife? One of the right you have is to have your marriage registered and announced. He is an adult and when he married, he should have thought about this. At this moment the best you can do is to get the marriage registered in a court of law.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic