IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muhammad's Prophethood...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muhammad's Prophethood...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muhammad's Prophethood...
    Posted: 06 October 2020 at 2:59pm
As-Salaam alaikum,
  Al-Tirmidhi transmitted from Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him: "Someone asked the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, 'when did you become the Prophet?"  The Prophet said:--

"I was a Prophet while Adam was still in the state between
    spirit and body."

All prophets became prophets after they were told they were to be a prophet- except for the Holy Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, who was always a prophet. With the Prophets that came before him, it took a long time to prepare them for their prophethood in this life. The prophets of Allah, alaihimussalam, are pre-ordained from eternity, and they are the best of creations.

The covenant of the prophets was taken from them in the Heavenly realm. 124,000 Prophets and Messengers all took this covenant as the warners of Allah and to inform the people of the coming of Muhammad:--

"Behold! Allah took the covenant of the prophets, saying:
     'I give you a Book and Wisdom; then comes to you a
     Messenger, confirming what is with you; do you believe in
     him and render him help.'
    Allah said: 'Do you agree, and take this My covenant as
   binding on you?'
   They said: ''We agree''. He said: "Then bear witness, and I
   am with you among the witnesses."  (3:81)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic