IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it haraam to listen to girls moaning?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it haraam to listen to girls moaning?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it haraam to listen to girls moaning?
    Posted: 02 October 2020 at 11:11am
As-salamu alaykum
I'm sorry that my question is inappropriate, but I need to know so I will avoid sins
Okay so my question is that can I listen to girls moan on ASMR videos. They're not having sex so I was curious if it is allowed or is it zina for ears?
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2021 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Mela Mela wrote:

As-salamu alaykum
I'm sorry that my question is inappropriate, but I need to know so I will avoid sins
Okay so my question is that can I listen to girls moan on ASMR videos. They're not having sex so I was curious if it is allowed or is it zina for ears?

وَعَلَيْكُمُ اَلسَّلَامُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُه

First: what is ASMR? Answer: it is (another) the latest way of distracting you from the remembrance of Allah SWT.

Here is the google definition:

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response
Coined in 2010, ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) is a relaxing, often sedative sensation that begins on the scalp and moves down the body. Also known as "brain massage," it's triggered by placid sights and sounds such as whispers, accents, and crackles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASMR
Qur'an has taught us 1500 years ago how to 'Relax':

Qur'an [13:28]

Chapter (13) sūrat l-raʿd (The Thunder)

Sahih International: Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."

Pickthall: Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!

Yusuf Ali: "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.

In Islam, we have Dhikr instead of ASMR. All types of Dhikr. The best Dhikr is of course (reading and listening to) Qur'an. But there are other types of Dhikr.

Performing prayers is another way of relaxation. That is why the Prophet  used to say: "Bilal, give us ease by giving the call to prayer".

When we go to bed at night, we have been taught by our Prophet  to utter specific Dhikr, until one goes to sleep.

In summary: Forget about listening to 'girls moaning'... instead: listen to the beautiful sound of Qur'an reciters (Qari'), or to a good Islamic lecture. Smile

Finally, consider this:

All the time that you spend watching, uttering or listening to non-Dhikr material, is wasted time (to say the least!)...

The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said:
The people of Paradise will not have any regrets except for those moments in which they were not engaged in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allaah.
[Saheeh, related by lbnus-Sunnee in ‘Aml al-Yawma wal-Laylah (no.3). Refer to Saheehul-Jaami’ no.5446]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic