IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forgiving inlaws  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forgiving inlaws

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueroocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forgiving inlaws
    Posted: 13 September 2020 at 3:46pm
Hi everyone, I'm not sure of anyone can help me move forward in relation to my inlaws. This is a very emotional topic for me. Both living in the UK, my now husband and I had a really tough start to our relationship. Very very long story short, he was forced into an arranged marriage with a girl back in Pakistan. Whilst they didnt know about me when the engagement was made, despite his parents knowing he was in love and incredibly unhappy with the arrangements they still insisted it carry on. Largely because they were concerned how it would make them look to cancel. After a lot of torment they eventually realised they had made a huge mistake and decided to support a divorce- my husband never having consumated anything. Pretty soon after this wedding, now with their support  my husband forgave them. Completely. Of course i understand they are his parents and the love is very strong. They have accepted me and I get on well with them and am nothing but loving and kind to them. But deep down I am still so angry at how they treated him. And try as I might, i can't move on in my head. I hope this is a relatively unusual situation but any help or advice would be much appreciated. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic