IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Engagement/Asexuality  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engagement/Asexuality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zyna_a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engagement/Asexuality
    Posted: 05 September 2020 at 12:14pm
Assalam alaikum 
Recently i got engaged. Everyone had only good things to say about the guy and his family so i agreed. Later on his family insisted that i should talk to the guy, go on dates before marriage in a halal way. After we started texting i quickly realized we have very conflicting personalities. And whenever he flirts even a little i feel very uncomfortable. I feel no attraction towards the giy which led me to the realization that I am asexual and on further thinking i noticed that I have always been like this. I hinted my family that i no longer wish to marry but they think I'm just confused and told me such a decision will hurt the family reputation and that i should be considerate to my younger sister who is yet to be married. I'm scared and mentally exhausted which has led to poor physical health. How do i deal with this situation? Please spare some advice 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic