IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim Convert: American Soldier  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim Convert: American Soldier

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim Convert: American Soldier
    Posted: 21 May 2020 at 7:48pm
Hello,
    This is a brief story of how I found the path to Islam. I was in the US Army stationed in Germany in 1990. We were preparing to be deployed to Desert Storm. My unit marched to the post movie theater to receive a briefing about Islam. The speaker went over some of the cultural highpoints of Islam and spoke about the 5 pillars of Islam. The 5 pillars intrigued me. I wanted a more thorough explanation. As a side bar, I was not a Christian or anything else converting to Islam. Granted I grew up in a Christian home, but I did not "practice" Christianity. I liked to party and visit the brothels in Mainz. I was open to new ideas. After the briefing, I went and spoke to the Chaplain that told us about Islam and he handed me a pamphlet about Islam in general. The pamphlet had an address to an Islamic Center in Ohio that I could write to order books about Islam. I sent away for information. Weeks later after I deployed to Turkey; I received a package at mail call from the Islamic Center. I had received a book about the 5 pillars and a Quran. Also an invitation to write and ask questions from a brother named Ibrahim. It was a miracle the package found me. We wrote back and forth for awhile and as I grew in knowledge in Islam, the more imperative it became that I should say Shahada. I wrote Ibrahim to ask him if I could call and if he would lead me in the Shahada. He sent me his number and arranged that an Imam conduct the Shahada. On the arranged night that I called. The Imam led me through the Shahada and then told me that many in the mosque had gathered to celebrate my conversion. I was very humbled by the turn out for me a stranger 10,000 miles away. I then began practicing Islam. After the deployment was over I went on leave and went to visit the Islamic Center. I met Ibrahim, the Imam, and many brothers. It was a very joyous occasion I still follow the teachings of Islam to this day.

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 2:27am

Inspiring story Mashallah. Please keep us updated.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 8:10am
Every time someone steps closer to God it is a victory for mankind.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
ecallica View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecallica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 11:54am
masya allah tabarakallah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic