IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reciting Surahs and Ayahs in a different order  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reciting Surahs and Ayahs in a different order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uzi2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reciting Surahs and Ayahs in a different order
    Posted: 19 May 2020 at 2:11am
I'm confused about Reciting Surahs and Ayahs in a different order during Salah.
I have few questions and lets say during the Zuhr Salah (4,4,2,2):

1) Can I read any Surah after al fatiha for example An-Nas in the first rakah, Al-Ikhlas in second rakah, Al-Kafirun in third and Al-Kauthar in last.

2) If someone does not know dua-e-Qunoot by heart can they read Ya Rabb three time during Witr prayer?

3) If you read Al-Kauthar in first rakah can you read the same (Al-Kauthar) in second rakah?

Thank you.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2020 at 11:28pm
Salam,
I am not a scholar, but here I understand:
1. Yes you can read surah in any order. However there is some scholar mention, it's better you read in order so 1st alkautsar, 2nd al-kafirun and so on. Again there is no sin if your read it in any order.

2. Qunut is sunnah (it's not mandatory), so you can skip it, your witr still valid and acceptable.

3. Yes you can read the same surah in each rakaah.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 9:55am
Hudhayfah said: I prayed with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) one night, and he started to recite al-Baqarah. I thought, he will do rukoo when he reaches one hundred aayaat, but he kept going. I thought, he will complete it in one rakah, but he kept going. I thought, he will do rukoo now, but he started to recite al-Nisaa, and he recited all of it, then he started to recite Aal Imraan and recited all of it

(Narrated by Muslim, 772).
The evidence in this hadeeth is that he recited al-Nisaa then Aal Imraan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic