IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Predestination  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Predestination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male None
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsBrandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Predestination
    Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:49pm
My understanding regarding Muslims belief in predestination is that they believe God has already decided what will happen to a person even before they are born.

This means if a person gets sick, dies, becomes a Muslim or a Christian, becomes poor or rich, etc God has already planned this prior to them being born. 

So I have 2 questions regarding this. 

1. Based on predestination God makes people that will go to hell, why is this. 

2. How does this not conflict with God being merciful, for example if I am a good person but God has predestined that I will go to hell how is that merciful because based on this no matter what I do good, no matter what I believe I will still end up in hell if this is what God has decided for me prior to my birth. 
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 2:23am
Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

My understanding regarding Muslims belief in predestination is that they believe God has already decided what will happen to a person even before they are born.

This means if a person gets sick, dies, becomes a Muslim or a Christian, becomes poor or rich, etc God has already planned this prior to them being born. 

So I have 2 questions regarding this. 

1. Based on predestination God makes people that will go to hell, why is this. 

2. How does this not conflict with God being merciful, for example if I am a good person but God has predestined that I will go to hell how is that merciful because based on this no matter what I do good, no matter what I believe I will still end up in hell if this is what God has decided for me prior to my birth. 
Hi.., ItsBrandon,
The answer to your first question is as follows:
Nothing created by God is in vain, as in His word.
This means that God created heaven and hell to have contents.
The same analogy as you make something there must be a function. Example: you make a shoe rack, surely it's for storing shoes not for clothes.
Likewise hell, there must be a function, namely for those who do not worship to God who created all humans.

The answer to your second question is as follows:
God who is believed by Muslims is very Compassionate towards His creatures, to the extent that in the Quran many states that Allah Ta'ala is the Most Compassionate and Most Merciful.

All Prophets invite their people to witness and worship only to one God, Allah Ta'ala.
But the attitude of his followers there are those who accept and those who refuse. Allah Ta'ala who had created the universe and its contents wanted all His creatures to admit that their God is only Him.

The analogy is if you have two children, and your two children always do good to everyone, one child acknowledges that you are his father. But your other child doesn't admit that you are his father, how do you feel? while this child is nurtured and raised by you? so is Allah Ta'ala, He created you but you don't admit that Allah Ta'ala is not your God, how?

Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, and all the Prophets acknowledged and only surrendered to Allah Ta'ala Who had created them too, but there are people who followed them and some refused them.

Allah Ta'ala has sent down His books and His messengers. Whoever is obedient then he/she will go to heaven, but for those who deny him, he/she will go to hell.
As a proof that Allah is Most Merciful, He has told through His books and His messengers before humans die. So it's fortunate for those who follow the teachings of His messengers before they die.

MuhammadSafeer View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuhammadSafeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:33am
Your knowledge on Predestination is incomplete. Allah SWT has already decided matters which you cannot  control e.g. (Go forbids) your sudden death by accident which is not in your control. But Allah SWT has given you free will to decide weather you will do good or bad and based on that you will go to hell or Heaven . Allah SWT already know what you will do (your deeds will not surprise Him) for more insight please see my blog in which i explained in detail that how this problem arised and what is the answer to your question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic