IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to Pick the Best Pressure Washer For Cars  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Pick the Best Pressure Washer For Cars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female Catholic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteBaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Pick the Best Pressure Washer For Cars
    Posted: 25 March 2020 at 2:43am
It’s that time of the year again. The annual cleaning job as the New Year approaches. No one really wants to greet the next decade with their stuff either covered in dust or clogged with questionable debris. That also includes your car. If you’re like most and only give your car a nice wash every month or so, your car is probably looking pretty beaten up by now with anything from bird droppings to dead leaves and tree bark accumulating on top.

This is the biggest reason why you should consider getting yourself an all-around cleaning tool to hose off all of the contaminants that your car could be carrying.

Something like a good pressure washer. With a well-built pressure washer in hand, you’ll be surprised at the potent cleaning power you can have in the palms of your hands.

In this article, we’ll tell you everything that you need to know about the best power washer on the market to deep-clean your car.

Gas or Electric?

When buying anything useful, there are many things that you should consider before spending your money. There are two types of pressure washers, the first is fueled by gas and the other is driven by electricity. If you’ve used power tools before, then it’s pretty easy to wrap your head around the differences . Gas-operated pressure washers, while louder, are more powerful, while electric pressure washers produce less power but they’re quieter as a result.

If you expect that the only thing you need to do clean is your car and you don’t want to deal with gas, electric’s great. On the other hand, if you want to use your pressure washer for other purposes, like cleaning the driveway or the outside of your home, gas can do the trick. But be very cautious while using a gas pressure washer on your car. Since they’re so powerful, it’s a common for the machine to go overboard and actually damage parts or the paint job on your car with the pure power packed in its water beam. This is why, unless you have no other choices, we recommend you to find the best electric pressure washer for cars to be on the safer side. The best gas pressure washer for cars do exist out there but you should know what you’re doing when you’re handling these or you’ll regret everything at the end of the day.

The Water Supply Problem

If you care about the environment or simply wants to lower the amount on your water bill as much as possible, then knowing the amount of water that your washer can use is important. Usually, pressure washers can use anything from seven to nine gallons of water a minute. Keep this in mind.

A technical value you should look for in the user’s manual is the washer’s GPM (Gallons Per Minute). High GPM means that there is more water shooting out of the nozzle a minute and, of course, that means your car can get a far better cleaning. But as a trade-off, the water efficiency will go down as the GPM goes up. If you’re water conscious, try to find the middle point between water efficiency and cleaning efficiency.

Another thing that’s worth mentioning about the water supply is how much water your household’s supply can give to the washer. This is the trickiest part of buying a good pressure washer since there are a lot of technicalities involved. We suggest that you get a technician to come over and survey your water supply before buying a new washer. Having an inadequate power supply for a washer that has a large water appetite can ruin your washer before you even get to use it for cleaning.

★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★

❖❖❖ Picked For You: Top Tens On Thekinglive.Com

★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★

Measurement Units

Manufacturers will tell you their machine’s power in three units: PSI (Pounds per Square Inch), GPM (Gallon Per Minute) or CU (Cleaning Unit). The thing you need to focus most on is the CU, since it’ll tell you a lot about the washer’s capability.

For example, a small-sized, commercial pressure for cleaning cars typically has a CU of 1,960 to 2,800 CU. On the other hand, a heavy industrial washer that can strip away paint has a CU in the range above 10,000 CU.

CU can sometimes be omitted from technical sheets for pressure washers but you can easily calculate it by multiplying the given PSI with GPM.

Keep all of these numbers in mind and you’ll be fine. Sellers will most likely inform you all about it anyway, but it’s still better to be in the know so that you won’t run into any catastrophic problems (like blasting your shiny new paint job away with an overpowered washer) later down the line.

The Nozzle

The nozzle of your brand new pressure washer is an extremely important component since, without it, your washer’s more or less useless. If you can, try to pick a nozzle that allows you to adjust the width of the spray at will since it’s going to give you more flexibility with your cleaning than those without. More importantly, a water beam that’s too narrow can damage your car’s paint job with over-pressure. This can be easily resolved by widening the water beam. But, like I said, not all nozzles are created equal, so make sure that you find a nozzle that has variable beamwidth.

Foam Cannons

There are two things that make having a foam cannon on your washer great:

1/ It’s the best way to prepare your car before the rinse with your high-power water jet. The thick soap coming from the cannon makes it easier for dirt and contaminants to come off of the body of your car than without.

2/ The perfect photo opportunity if you want your Instagram or Snapchat game to be good.

A foam cannon often has the flow pressure ranging from 55 to 90 PSI, so it’s going to be pretty controllable when you turn the flow on. The nominal flow rate for the foam is about 5.5 GPM — also in the controllable range.

The majority of foam cannons nowadays can attach directly to the hose. For some select models, you might need an adapter. Check with your manufacturer beforehand to be prepared and spare yourself the frustration.

One thing about foam cannons, though: Make sure that you picked up the correct type of detergent for your pressure washer! Filling it up with the wrong type of soap or detergent will put you at risk of breaking your unit or, at best, wasting money unnecessarily.

Conclusion

To conclude, while there are many things that you ought to keep in mind when you go out and order your brand new pressure washer, it’s not all that difficult, as this guide might have made it out to be. Sure, it sounds like filling out a tax form with all of the numbers and technicalities, but for the most part,since most of the machines come with either a manual or if you were to buy them from hardware stores, dedicated technicians to help you through, you only need to pay a bit attention and you’ll be fine.

We hope that you’ve found the best power washer for your car!
Tiny Flowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Flowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2020 at 4:01am
Hi Yevette....
That is a good question...I have had similar situations, and I have asked myself the same thing. 
I have made dua on many people while I was growing up because they hurt me badly.... but then when I grew up I realized that God wants us to forgive. 

Dont quote me on this, but I think we have the right to make dua if we are the victim, but we are encouraged to forgive. that is why it is said the dua of the victim is the strongest of all duas.

I think God wants us to forgive so we can grow inside into better beings, which is the whole purpose of life. So when you start forgiving, you are changed inside... I find you grow a bit more each time. 

And maybe God wants us to forgive, because in many cases, the people who hurt us (MAYBE) had excuses we dont know about, or at the time they were st**id, or immature, or lost......etc. each case is different though.

I have not perfected it... I think its a work in progress. but at least I am trying  :)
These days if someone hurts me deeply I might say a dua (in anger) to be avenged by God from this person... but then after a while I go back and change it sometimes to May God teach him a lesson, and let him know WHY this happened to him. (as is I hope the same thing happens to him so he can learn a lesson) .... but then if I calm down... I usually reduce to: May Allah guide him, so he understands what he did wrong, and prevent him from hurting others.

I figure ... if God told us to forgive, then he must have a very good reason for it. 
or many reasons for it, some of which we may not know about. 
So I try to trust in him, even when its not easy...
(if I am not angry... its hard when you are still angry)  
and I tell God that I am only doing this for HIM, not because those people deserve my forgiveness... because they are still bad people to me...  (depending on how much hurt they caused of course)..

so as you can see its a work in progress for me  :)

but if you feel bad about your dua regarding that guy..... you can always take it back ... or change it.. by making another dua....it is never too late  :)

Hope this helps....
D.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic