IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Feel Isolated  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feel Isolated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male Convert/Revert to Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawudtherevert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feel Isolated
    Posted: 11 March 2020 at 8:04pm
It seems like every brother or sister hates me. They ignore me except when I ask a question, even then, they make sure to answer quick. I also have no other friends, except my girlfriend (a Muslim). Why might Muslims not ever want to talk to me
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 10:19pm
Salam,
Most likely, that's not true. 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2020 at 6:56am
Dawud welcome! May I suggest that you find the time to volunteer at your Islamic Center, which will allow for you to get to intimately know others and they will also have an opportunity to interact with you as well. I think it's normal when feeling anxious to often imagine the worst case scenario, but in reality we later discover things weren't nearly as bad as what we originally thought.
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by dawudtherevert dawudtherevert wrote:

It seems like every brother or sister hates me. They ignore me except when I ask a question, even then, they make sure to answer quick. I also have no other friends, except my girlfriend (a Muslim). Why might Muslims not ever want to talk to me

Assalaamu Alaika Dawud,

How are you getting on?

We are all your friends here... we want to share ideas, opinions, information... etc.

You don't have to ask a question... just share your thoughts and daily endeavors with us.

MIAW

James67 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 11:12am
I think a sense of isolation is common amongst new muslims. I feel it myself so much so that I find it difficult to go to the mosque (though I want to). I dont think mosques see the need to offer support to reverts. 
It is a lack of thought really from people who were born Muslims. We reverts are put into an environment where we don't understand many if the terms used and with Muslims too ready to criticise us...or so it feels.
 You start to shrink within yourself 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic