IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ask a question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ask a question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiddenrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ask a question
    Posted: 06 January 2020 at 3:24pm
How do I ask the imam a question please? Thank you.
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 3:36pm
You can post your question here.
He will reply to you.

Or you can chat, by clicking the "green" icon.
Hiddenrose View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiddenrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 3:39pm
It says i can only chat now if I'm a non muslimnwhich im not
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 3:51pm
So you can post it here.
You can also ask Dr. Aslam, when he is available for chatting.
Student_123 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Student_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 2:46pm

Dear Sir, 

Asalam Aalaikum,

I am a Muslim and I have a question and I would appreciate if you can give an eleborate answer to this question.

Their is a verse 51 from Surah 5 in the Qur'an which states:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" O YOU who have attained to faith! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for your allies: they are but allies of one another and whoever of you allies himself with them becomes, verily, one of them; behold, God does not guide such evildoers." 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir this is an English translation of this specific verse of the Qur'an and according to my limited understanding and knowledge, this is a translation from Yusif  Ali.

Sir in some of the English translation of this same verse of the same Surah, the word "friend" or "guardian" is used when Allah(swt) was referring to the Jews and Christians . In some English translation, the term "Protector" is used . Sir, my question is that if Allah(swt) doesn't want us(Muslims) and Believers to take Christians and Jews as our "PROTECTOR" as the term is mentioned in some of the English translation, then why when Prophet(pbuh) was preaching Islam after recieving the 1st revelation of the Qur'an, he ordered some of his new followers( newly converted Muslims)  to migrate from Makkah to Abysina(Present day Ethopia) which was ruled by a Christian King? According to my limited knowledge and understanding, the majority of the population of Abysina(Present day Ethopia) at that time was Christian and their King was also Christian by faith. 

Prophet(pbuh) wanted these new followers to migrate to Abysina(Present day Ethopia) to migrate to Abysina(Present day Ethopia) to seek asylum(political protection) because the persecuations and oppression of the leaders and authorities of Qur'aish actually increased on these followers of Prophet(pbuh) in Makkah, so inorder to escape this growing persecution and oppression of Quraish ,Prophet(pbuh)  orderd them to migrate. 

Now the question arises that if Christians and Jews are not reliable according to this specific verse of the Qur'an and based on this verse we should not take them as Protectors, then why Prophet(pbuh) did take this action?

I hope my question is clear.

Jazak Allah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic