IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Praise Be To Allah!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Praise Be To Allah!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Praise Be To Allah!!
    Posted: 06 January 2020 at 1:06pm
As-Salaam alaikum,
 In ayat 2 of Surat Fatiha of the Holy Qur'an (1:2), Allah Ta'ala says:--

"Alhamdu-Lillahi Rabil Alameen.. Praise be to Allah,
    the Lord of the Worlds."

It is said that Allah knew the inability of His servants to praise Him... He praised Himself (bi-nafsihi), to Himself (li-nafsihi) from sempitenity (fi al-azal), because of our impotence; as it was impossible for us, His servants, to praise Him. How is a created thing supposed to contend with the beginninglessly Eternal?

The 'Ulama say that this is why the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"La uhsi thana'an alayk- I cannot count Your Praises." (Tirmidhi, al-Jami'al Kabir)- This hadith was actually related by Sayyada A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, when she said:--

"I was asleep next to the Messenger of Allah. I noticed he was
  not there at night and put my hand out to him. My hand fell on
 his feet as he bowed and prayed: 'Let Your good-will protect me
 from Your Wrath, and Your dispensation from Your Punishment.
 I cannot enumerate Your Praise. You are like You Praise Yourself."
                                                        Ibn Majah also reported it.

With this, we understand that no man can count the blessings that Allah Ta'ala bestows on him, and can never do enough to pay this debt. Indeed, whoever knows Allah falls silent, mute and subdued.
Nevertheless, we say 'ALHAMDU-LILLAHI RABB-L-ALAMEEN..' in celebrating His Praises and hope, thereby, that Allah will let us into the knowledge of His Oneness, Jallah-Jalalahu.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic