IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hi, im new here  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, im new here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Najib7A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, im new here
    Posted: 03 December 2019 at 4:43pm
My name is Najib, im 17 and will be 18 soon. At first I made this account out of boredeom but the nI looked around and wanted to make this post. Im currently in highschool and SO ready for it to be over. I havent decided which univeristy I want to go to yet and I might have to go to a 2-year college first to get my grades up. I really have a passion for science but my math grades are really low. Iv been really stress lately and my parents have put alot of pressure on me to choose a university .Maybe people here have some good suggestions?

anyway, Im looking forward to
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2019 at 2:19am
My advise, which is the same for everybody, and no I have not taken it myself, is to do a degree or whatever in what you are most interested in and also do the basic first course in accountancy.

't'is accountants who run the world.

If you have a degree in fine art and a basic accountancy qualification you will be able to speak to those who decied what paintings to buy and will automatically produce work that will be suitable for people with lots of money to buy. Just how it is.

If you have a degree in French Literature and a basic understanding of accountancy you will be hired by a publisher to choose what French books to publish in English.

If you have a 3rd class degree in physics and can do accountancy you will be running CERN in 10 years. Nobody else can write a grant application the way you will do.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2019 at 5:07am
Salaams Najib and welcome! I suggest you follow your parents lead. All the best!
Najib7A View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Najib7A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2019 at 11:17am

asa lakum salam!

Accounting seems like somthing could to get into. you have a good point about it and I never really looked at it that way. my uncle owns some properties that he rents to people so maybe he would know more about it. As for education,  Iv really liked biology and chemistry but I need to get better with equations if im going to get a STEM degree . I get so much pressure from my dad to be be a "traditional muslim" and he doest seem to acknowledge that being 2nd generation is so much different than how he grew up. I already dont fit in very well with most people at school so I need to figure out how I can blend in better while still giving my parents what they want. I dont go to parties and football games though..so alot of the other guys think im weird. The thing is, I dont really even WANT to..but  Sometimes I feel like im walking on a tight rope, in a figurative sense, just trying to figure out how to BE.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Najib7A Najib7A wrote:

asa lakum salam!

Accounting seems like somthing could to get into. you have a good point about it and I never really looked at it that way. my uncle owns some properties that he rents to people so maybe he would know more about it. As for education,  Iv really liked biology and chemistry but I need to get better with equations if im going to get a STEM degree . I get so much pressure from my dad to be be a "traditional muslim" and he doest seem to acknowledge that being 2nd generation is so much different than how he grew up. I already dont fit in very well with most people at school so I need to figure out how I can blend in better while still giving my parents what they want. I dont go to parties and football games though..so alot of the other guys think im weird. The thing is, I dont really even WANT to..but  Sometimes I feel like im walking on a tight rope, in a figurative sense, just trying to figure out how to BE.

Yes, I am like that. I don't do sport and like looking after kids and stuff. And I am not gay and I am very much a bloke. Never found any social group I have ever fitted into. Socially discordant.

I have a hobby of wargaming and role playing. The general crowd in these are of people who also don't fit in. Not that we really fit with each other....

Back to accountancy, I am not saying become an accountant, although that is always a good carreer if you can stand the thing, but I am saying that whatever you do you will be far more effective at it if you know how the economy of humanity works. Just like wanting to sing, you will do it better if your language skills are good, if your poetry is good, studying littriture is probably good for your singing. Understanding the basics of accountancy will mean you choose to sing the songs you like which also will carry into the wider world.

You are not the first to be in the situation of looking around at the big wide world and thinking, ugh, what? er, er, whjich? er, er, .......

Good luck.
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Najib7A Najib7A wrote:

asa lakum salam!

Wa'alaykumussalam Najib7A,
Maybe your father wants you to be a successful person, that is to say, success in the world and the hereafter.
From the way you express your feelings through your writing, it seems that your father is worried that you will wrong in choosing relationships.
Try to be able to prove that you can do your best for your father and for yourself.
Allah Ta'ala commands to seek provisions for your happiness in the hereafter, but He also reminds you not to leave for happiness in the world.

Whatever the knowledge you will master is not problem for you as long as it's useful and good for you, and also it's not used for immorality and violates Islamic law.

The analogy is that if you have a knife and you use it to peel the mangoes, it will be useful. But if you use the knife to hold people up, you will receive the bad things.

Prophet Muhammad was an expert in trading, that means he mastered accounting.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic