IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to be sure about conversion?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to be sure about conversion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to be sure about conversion?
    Posted: 29 October 2019 at 9:44am
Hi,

Im a woman married to a muslim man. During the time we have been together i started liking islam reading about it and as time goes by my interest have grown. I stopped eating pork completely and am trying to think about my actions in the light of islam (respecting people, helping people out, etc.). Im also loving the look of the head covering and im enjoing wearing it when we visit my husbands family in his home country. I have also been reading an english translation of the quran (currently at surrah 47 and tying to finish all of it). Lately i have had a strong feeling that i want to convert to islam but im worried about many things.

1. im afraid how muslims will perceive me. I feel like i should go to mosque but im really shy and the thought worries me if someone said anything to me. 
2. Im afraid my own views of the religion is correct. I love my idea of islam but because i dont yet have too much knowledge it might not be right. I dont know how much i should study of hadith and the work of scholars and so on to be sure that i understand everything before i commit.
3. The biggest worry is that i some day will lose interest of islam and according to my husband its better to not become muslim at all than to become muslim and then fall out of it later. I am scared that it will happen and in that case it would be better if i didnt convert at all in the first place.

Because of these worries and others i feel like i should wait with conversion and study more before it but I dont know what is the limit and when can i clearly say im ready for becoming a muslim. How much to do and study before im ready?

If someone has advice id be happy because i feel lost and confused and i already feel like im something like "half muslim" because of things i already do and believe.

Sorry for unclear message, i just wanted to get everything out of my head.
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by mindy_ mindy_ wrote:

Hi,

Im a woman married to a muslim man. During the time we have been together i started liking islam reading about it and as time goes by my interest have grown. I stopped eating pork completely and am trying to think about my actions in the light of islam (respecting people, helping people out, etc.). Im also loving the look of the head covering and im enjoing wearing it when we visit my husbands family in his home country. I have also been reading an english translation of the quran (currently at surrah 47 and tying to finish all of it). Lately i have had a strong feeling that i want to convert to islam but im worried about many things.

1. im afraid how muslims will perceive me. I feel like i should go to mosque but im really shy and the thought worries me if someone said anything to me. 
2. Im afraid my own views of the religion is correct. I love my idea of islam but because i dont yet have too much knowledge it might not be right. I dont know how much i should study of hadith and the work of scholars and so on to be sure that i understand everything before i commit.
3. The biggest worry is that i some day will lose interest of islam and according to my husband its better to not become muslim at all than to become muslim and then fall out of it later. I am scared that it will happen and in that case it would be better if i didnt convert at all in the first place.

Because of these worries and others i feel like i should wait with conversion and study more before it but I dont know what is the limit and when can i clearly say im ready for becoming a muslim. How much to do and study before im ready?

If someone has advice id be happy because i feel lost and confused and i already feel like im something like "half muslim" because of things i already do and believe.

Sorry for unclear message, i just wanted to get everything out of my head.
Hi mindy,
If you still have thoughts like that, you better learn the teachings of Islam first, why should Islam?
If your husband cannot explain it, Insyaa Allah, I will help you.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 5:46am
Mindy welcome! I suggest you answer the spiritual awakening from within your soul and embrace Islam now. After your conversion build upon an intellectual pursuit which will last for a lifetime. As human beings we all have waxing and waning with respect to our levels of religious enthusiasm, so don't be troubled by the possibility of losing interest, that is perfectly normal. Faith will increase and decrease throughout our life. This is a marathon and not a sprint to the finish line. Do it today without delay.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 10:43pm
Assalamualaikum wa rehmatullahi was barkhatahu,since you had married a Muslim man,and you had seen lot about Islam,if you are convinced from inner side revert now, don't worry about others,the biggest truth of Islam is think about pleasing Allah not others because it is Allah who had authority over everything so I suggest you if you are 100 percent convinced revert now because death may come anytime,plus remember one thing if you please Allah you are the biggest winner no matter whole world is against you if you displease Allah you are the biggest looser no matter how successful you may be.may Allah Grant you guidance.Ameen.Allahfiz
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 5:06am
Excuse a Christian interjecting here but the problem in Christianity is not different.  

People must believe first, then faith can be acquired and truth experienced.

Young people believe they understand marriage, but only after they act on that belief do they truly begin to understand.   Then they believe they understand parenthood, but only when they have children do they get the truth.

Believe in God first, and act accordingly.  Surrender your life to God and then the experience begins.  I think if you take a blind step into Islam Muslims will appear from everywhere to support you.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic