IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Considering Islam but have doubts  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Considering Islam but have doubts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male Agnostic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Fredrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Considering Islam but have doubts
    Posted: 22 October 2019 at 11:13am
I'm always of the belief that you should never join any organization unless you are absolutely sure and that you believe absolutely its tenants. However philosophically there are some things about Islam that I question and others I downright disagree with. In the following I'll list my issues as well as my reasons for believing in them:

1) If you're a person of another religious belief you're doomed to hell

-It's hard for me to believe that if someone chooses another faith other than Islam as the Qur'an states "it will not be accepted of him." With so many interpretations of Islam and fiqh how does one grasp the correct truth of it all when there are various interpretations of eschatology? Furthermore, it is hard to believe that God takes an absolutist position to disregard a non-Muslim moral person and condemn them to hell fire.

2) I don't want to pray 5 times a day as if I'm performing a chore

-I often think when I perform the ritual of prayer I don't want it to feel as if I'm doing a chore. I want the feeling that I'm getting closer to God.

3) I often feel the greater Muslim community still deals with racism however many believe it is not sufficient enough to warrant a global response.

-If been in mosques and Jummah prayers where it seems it is often segregated by country and ethnicity.

I have many others but this is just off top of my head
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 2:06pm
Wa alaikum Salam,
You need to find answer to the basic question. Why should I continue to be a Muslims and what sacrifices do I have to make in order to reach to the status of a simple and honest Muslim.
AA
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 5:35pm
Wa'alaykum salam,
Dear Hans Fredrick.

I'm always of the belief that you should never join any organization unless you are absolutely sure and that you believe absolutely its tenants. However philosophically there are some things about Islam that I question and others I downright disagree with. In the following I'll list my issues as well as my reasons for believing in them:
1) If you're a person of another religious belief you're doomed to hell.
Answer:
(Yes, the most capable of creating humans including this universe is only Allah. we are God's creatures, meaning we must obey God's commands. The analogy is, we have parents but don't want to follow their rules, especially if you don't acknowledge your parents, will you get praise or punishment?)

-It's hard for me to believe that if someone chooses another faith other than Islam as the Qur'an states "it will not be accepted of him." With so many interpretations of Islam and fiqh how does one grasp the correct truth of it all when there are various interpretations of eschatology? Furthermore, it is hard to believe that God takes an absolutist position to disregard a non-Muslim moral person and condemn them to hell fire.
Answer:
(All the Prophets and Apostles only worship one God (monotheism). You can imagine if there are many God, of course they will fight for power, then what will our situation be?)

2) I don't want to pray 5 times a day as if I'm performing a chore
Answer:
(You do not know the secrets behind the prayer 5 times, if you've already known, you will seriously do it.)

-I often think when I perform the ritual of prayer I don't want it to feel as if I'm doing a chore. I want the feeling that I'm getting closer to God. 
Answer:
(Among the most powerful temptations of Satan is when we will pray because he will tempt us to be his friend in hell like the promise of the devil when cursed by Allah from heaven.)

3) I often feel the greater Muslim community still deals with racism however many believe it is not sufficient enough to warrant a global response.
Answer:
(In Islamic teachings do not recognize racism. Please don't see the behavior of some Muslims but study the teachings of Islam because heaven is only for those who fear (taqwa) to Allah.)

-If been in mosques and Jummah prayers where it seems it is often segregated by country and ethnicity.
Answer:
(In Islamic teachings do not recognize caste, discrimination, racism.)

Hans Fredrick View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male Agnostic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Fredrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 11:07am
Thank you for your responses. I don't think some of the things said here fully addressed my points but I'll continue to keep looking
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 10:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic