IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The app aiming to change perceptions of Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The app aiming to change perceptions of Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The app aiming to change perceptions of Muslims
    Posted: 20 October 2019 at 1:25am

A good article/video by the BBC.

(Negative) Media portrayal of Muslims needs to change... but we Muslims also need to implement and promote self-improvement and engage more in self-criticism (within our communities). Without altering the core principles and fundamentals of Islam of course. 

Here are some questions:

- Are we (required to be) perfect (in Islam)?  How should we be towards others (as well as ourselves)

- What things/actions can we do to improve within our diverse communities?

- Are there things that we can learn from other (Muslim and non-Muslim) communities? (in my personal opinion: Yes... loads!!)

- If you think of other questions, then you are welcome to add to the list.

We could of course debate/talk about the criticism that we get from non-Muslims... bearing in mind that there is a fine line between what constitutes a constructive criticism (with good intentions), and what is inherently an attack on our values.

The world is changing fast towards multi-culturalism... and we all (Muslims and Non-Muslims) have no choice but to find good grounds for positive coexistence.

Please note: all opinions (including my own) are of course just that... i.e. OPINIONS. They could be right or wrong.

Comments welcome. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic