IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tests, Trials and Tribulations In Life.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tests, Trials and Tribulations In Life.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tests, Trials and Tribulations In Life.
    Posted: 11 October 2019 at 9:32am
 As-Salaam alaikum,
 In ayat 2 of Surat Mulk of the Holy Qur'an, Allah Ta'ala says:--

"(He) who created death and life to test you [that He
     try] which of you is best in deeds.." (67:2)

Allah Ta'ala checks all humanity... every single human being to see who is going to do the best of deeds, the best of works.
 Looking at trials and tribulations that we go through in everyday life, most of it is suffering in physical forms: illness, diseases- or spiritual: Allah can take away one's mind, intellect or other things can severely be tested on your family and/or finances. In these tests and trials, we have to succeed. How can we succeed?

If we do good work(s) in these tests/trials and tribulations, then Allah Ta'ala is pleased with us. How do we do that?... turn our tests or sufferings into a pleasure of our Lord?  The Noble Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, told us how to do that in his Hadith where Mu'az bin Jabal, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet said:--
    "The keys to Paradise are the witnessing that
    'La-ilaha illallahu.. there is no god but Allah." (Ahmad)

So, the keys to Jannah is to say... be reciting 'La-ilaha illallahu'. When somebody attains the pleasure of their Lord, they go to Paradise.
When we are going through a difficult situation at hand and we pull ourselves together and say: 'LA-ILAHA ILLALLAH', what are we thinking?... by saying or reciting that beautiful Kalima, we acknowledge that He is The One in full control, we are saying: 'O my Lord, You are our God, the One in full control, La-ilaha illallah... I cannot do anything.'

Indeed, "Nothing is hidden from your Lord (so much as) the
             weight of an atom on the earth or in heaven" (10:61)

Here, Allah is saying: ''Nothing escapes Me''! Not even the weight of an atom in heavens and on earth. So when we say: 'La-ilaha illallah' during a test or a trial, we are really saying: 'O our Lord, nothing escapes You. You are Hearing, Seeing and Knowing what I am going through and I want Your Pleasure; so if You deem this necessary for this to happen to me, I am submitting.'

And of course, when we recite 'LA-ILAHA ILLALLAH' in the middle of a disaster, we enter the fort of Allah, as the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, told us that in a Hadith Qudsi:--

"Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala says La-ilaha illallah is My Fortress;
   whoever enters My Fortress is safe from My Punishment."
                                                                     (Ibn Najjar)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic