IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Inlaws  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inlaws

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslimah1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inlaws
    Posted: 10 August 2019 at 9:56am
Slaam
I would like some advise from fellow Muslims
I’m in a situation that always makes me overthink
I got married 3 years ago and no one from my husband family attended as they did not want him to marry me my husband came to ask for my hand on his own

His brothers and sisters did not come as they do not accept me
We struggled a lot after our wedding and no one asked if we needed any help but we still tried to be hind towards them
I have been insulted many times by his sisters and sometimes by his brother
A few times my husband has spoke back to them which turned into an argument

His family have blocked my number as obviously they don’t want anything to do with me
When it comes to occasions such as Eid they will invite him I have been with him a couple of times but they do not welcome me and make me feel alone and left out they will not speak to me even when I’m in their home
I sometimes feel bad because my husband may think I’m keeping him away from his family but I am not

I believe when you get married you are a unit and come together as in husband wife kids etc as you are not single anymore
My husband brother still calls him and gossips and talks but I feel this is just to keep in contact with him so nothing can backfire on him later
He invited him to their house for Eid
I said to my husband he can go
But I feel awful

I don’t know if I should be feeling this as I’m always neglected and am alone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic