IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - His single friend ruining our marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

His single friend ruining our marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traveller101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: His single friend ruining our marriage
    Posted: 22 June 2019 at 2:55pm
Me and my husband has been married for almost a year now. His single friends call him whenever and he's just up and out. Before marriage his life was all about his friends. He was out all the time, apparently. Even if I emionally blackmail him to stay home, he feels that his time with his friend would be more fun and he starts having FOMO (fear of missing out). Often time he starts getting into a mood and won't put as much effort into our time together.

He has this one friend who's suposidly his best buddy and he owes a lot to him in terms of who he is now. I hate this guy so much. He comes across as someone so manipulative and controlling. Before we got married, this friend already put into my husband's mind that your wife will stop you from having friends and you'll resent and hate her for it, one day. Basically, what I think he meant is that don't let your wife come in between your friends by letting her control you because you'll wake up, not only, with no friends but also hate her for it. Any who, I just do not think that this friend has my husband's best interest at heart.

This is a bit separate but I just do not agree with the kind of person my husbands friend is. His lifestyle etc. He has a girlfriend who he has harram relationship with and this girlfriend also works at the same place as my husband. And because my husband can't say no to this guy, he'd often ask for favours like drop me and my girlfriend to X because my car isn't working. Plus, this girl comes and talk to my husband at work and my husband think it's okay to talk to her. And now this girl is saying that I want to meet your wife and I feel the agenda behind this is so we can all be friends. And we can all double date and hang out and all these problems I have with him going out would go away.

Also, if I say anything and I mean anything about this friend and his life style, my husband gets so angry and calls me judgemental and extremist and what not.
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 3:02pm
Wa alaikum,
Its a sad situation. You need to discuss with your husband the situation in a calm and firm manner. You should explain to him your concerns and apprehensions and remind him of the limitations in relationship.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
HabibUrRehman View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HabibUrRehman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2019 at 11:06am
It seems like you have already tried to discuss this with your husband but he is not willing to listen anything against his friends. Let me ask some question to give you a better advice.

Was this an arranged marriage?
Does your and his family know about this?
Have you considered marriage counseling? Did you discuss this idea with your husband?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic