IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Follow Heart?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Follow Heart?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Follow Heart?
    Posted: 19 June 2019 at 10:33am
As-salamu alaykum

I am in a situation where I am torn on what to do.

I am happily married with 4 young kids.

All my life I have been working towards making all of their lives as comfortable as possible and mashallah I have been blessed with an amazing job and well mannered kids.

I have lived very close to my parents since I was born and now have an oppurtunity to upsize the house we live in.

We have found a property and it is 36 mins drive away, and whilst my parents have not directly disapproved, but the comments being made ("You're making a mistake"), it is quite clear, they disapprove of us moving "some" distance away.

There has always been friction between myself and my parents specially at time where I have felt, they have been too controlling of our lives.

Am I torn on what to do, my family love this property, my kids are ready to change school and loose friends and have to make new friends so we can better ourselves.

I also feel creating a bit of distance will better my relationship with my parents and create a stronger bond.

But do I move with clear dissaproval, or look for somewhere very local?
Tiny Flowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Flowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2020 at 4:21am
36 min drive is not that far.....
especially if you are going to visit them as often as before....

how did you decide?  is everything ok these days?  :)
D.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic