IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My husband and his brothers interference  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My husband and his brothers interference

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadaf12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My husband and his brothers interference
    Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:19am
Salam i'm really stressed out and hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm not the type of person who wants to separate brothers but i've started to feel like i cant take it anymore.

As you read on you may think its minor, but surely you'll understand that too many things are adding up, for me its becoming a major problem as something is always happening.

I have 3 brother in laws. One of them is realy close to my husband, they're always texting each other etc, my husband looks up to him listens to his advice.

1. me and my husband had decided to stay in hotel for a night because our boiler wasnt working. It was ideal, we could afford it, i wouldve been comfortable and we would've had our own space, plus we could do with a change of scenary. When he found out he convinced my husband not to stay in hotel and instead we should stay over at his parents house or his house. Just ended up spending another night at home with cold water as my husband listened to him. At that time i couldnt be bothered fighting and just agreed.

2. His brother had a leg injury during football. 9 at night he called my husband to say hes picking him up so he can keep him company at a and e. My husband just said im going with him hospital. I said why is everything ok he said hes injured his leg and wants me to go with him.i asked how long he would be as its night and im alone and dont feel safe. He said he dont know. I suggested what about one of his other brothers can go instead, my husband said no hes happy to go as hes close to him. I couldnt help but to feel like hes not bothered or concerned about me.
If it was during the day or if he didnt have other brothers. I got upset and my husband got angry d with me saying im being slefish. And went with his brother and came back two at night. My arguement is as a husbnd he shouldve thought my wife is alone at home in middle of night its not safe. Doesnt he have a right to be concerned about me
3. His brother has two daughters and two sons. I work fulltime in hospital on my feet all day. Weekend is the only time i get to rest and do something with my hubby. His brother always tells us to take his kids and let them have a sleep over at our house. Im not being nasty but i dont have time or energy to have kids over. I also think its rude for someone to expect us to say yes.
4. Whenever we make a decision he has to check it with his brother first
5. It really annoys me as soon as he rings my husband and calls him out to go somewhere my husband just goes. He forgets that hes married n
and has responsibilties he has a wife now.
Usually my husband is good but soon as his brother is in the picture -feels like my husband is single.
Islam says your wife comes first. I just want to know how do i go about this interference? Does islam say put your wife first or your brother
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic