IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Depressed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Depressed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrissa1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Depressed
    Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:22pm
Asalam Aleikum brothers and sisters , I need your opinion on an issue that deeply bothers me. I’m not really a practicing Muslim as I don’t pray my salat, don’t cover myself and more . Two years ago, I took on a haram job at a club, serving alcohol. Later , I felt terribly bad and repented. The next year , My father lost his job , and he is the only provider in the household. Since June 2018, I have been trying to get a halal job , with no success. I applied to hundreds of jobs , went to countless interviews and something always went wrong at the end . I am becoming depressed and anxious . Negative thoughts are overtaking and I’m feeling like maybe Allah gave up on me . I gave up the haram for His sake but the halal seems to not come. I’m tired of this situation and desperately need help .

May Allah abundantly rewards each one of you.
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 1:59pm
Salam Alaikum,
Sorry for this delay.
I am sorry to hear the story. Where are you located. Probably, you should contact the local Muslim community and ask them to help you find a job.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic