IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Qur'an version?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qur'an version?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qur'an version?
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:18pm
Hello Islamicity forum, I recently began reading the Qur'an, and have so far only a vague idea of what makes Islam what it is.

The version/translation/interpretation I have is the Tahrike Tarsile (1999), just because that was what I happened to find. Could give me your takes on how this compares to others? Do you consider it faithful, as far as translations go? Does it have particular biases? Would those biases necessarily obscure the text? I read an article which said it is a Shi'ite version which was originally printed with many footnotes explaining Shi'a doctrine, but mine appears to be the same one but without the footnotes.

How much do you consider that one ought to take into account the branch or sub-branch of translators/interpreters?

What do you consider to be the most faithful English version?

Also is this forum predominantly one branch or another?

Just so you know something about who is asking, I am a Catholic Christian. I strive my best to be wholly orthodox and am at times frustrated with misrepresentations of my own religion, so I would like to try my best to avoid misrepresenting Islam.

Anything else you think I ought to know about the Qur'an or the issue of translation and interpretation would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic